I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Welcome to Realms Beyond Civilization!

This isn't CFC's Hall of Fame. You don't need any mods installed, just run the game under 3.19 without any mods, and you'll be good to go.

If it's not too much of a hassle, set autosaves to 1 turn, as protection against crashes.

Right, the safe way is to run without any mods. The mods approved for RB tournament play are quite lightweight and deal only with the most cosmetic of factors like fonts and colors. Most mods at CFC work in the area of interface and informational enhancement, which is a slippery slope in competitive tournament play - is it fair if (for example) only some players get automated notification of AI WHEOOH status? CFC has chosen to level that playing field by consolidating everybody onto one standard mod. We have chosen to stick to the standard game.

And just to clarify, setting the autosave interval to 1 is done in Civilization 4.ini. That doesn't count as a mod, it's just a configuration file.

Anyway, thanks for joining us! You'd seem to be a bit late to join Adventure 40 in time for reporting (in an hour from now), but please feel free to finish it as an unofficial shadow, or to grab and play any of the older games.

Thanks Cyneheard / T-Hawk. The file to change was particularly useful. I see a lot of people on here also use the camera flying option to take pictures, which I also spotted on the civilisationIV.ini file. I presume I set this to 1 for enabled. What is the keyboard shortcut to enable/disable ingame?

Thanks ... Pegasus

Just wanted to post a quick hello to everyone at RB. After losing way too much time reading the various game reports, I just had to get a copy of Civ 4 to join in on the fun. Currently going through my first game trying to apply some of the tricks I picked up, and generally having a blast. So thank you for introducing me to this addiction.. it's been a while since I suddenly realized four hours had passed since I last checked the clock. lol

Pegasus Wrote:What is the keyboard shortcut to enable/disable ingame?

Flying camera mode is Ctrl-Shift-F. Enjoy! smile

SleepingMoogle, there's an option in-game to turn on a real time clock - you may find that useful. lol

T-hawk Wrote:SleepingMoogle, there's an option in-game to turn on a real time clock - you may find that useful. lol

Lucky thing too! Just checking in - long time lurker decloacking after seeing the new pitboss game has started! Look forward to reading, commenting and learning! read

And just because I like this smiley: :dancing5:

Ah, but what if that was the clock I was looking at? wink

Just kidding, I run two monitors and the clock's pretty visible on the second one. Plus, so far losing time hasn't conflicted with important stuff.

I'm on my third game now.. the second ended rather quickly after I started scouting with my second warrior and the barbarian invasion event spawned right on my capital. Unlucky, but a good lesson! This time I'm a bit more cautious this time, which is probably a good thing with Shaka as the next door neighbour. lol

I've been playing on the CFC for a little while now, but I wanted to dive into some RB adventures, so I thought I'd check in to say hello!

I do have a question, which I am sure has been asked many times, and so I apologize in advance for asking it, but so far I have been unable to turn up any answers on my own (forum searching, Google searches).

I see that Pegasus has already asked about acceptable mods (and T-hawk's helpful answer), and I did read the list of legal mods for RB. However, I do have BUG installed and I have not been able to find a way to "turn it off" short of uninstalling it.

Since I also play on CFC, repeatedly uninstalling and installing BUG between games would be a bit of a hassle, but if that's the only way to handle the situation, I'll just have to learn to play without BUG again. Again, sorry for spamming the intro thread with this question.

If there is a more appropriate section for this question, I'll scrub it from here and repost. Thanks a lot!

Whosit Wrote:... However, I do have BUG installed and I have not been able to find a way to "turn it off" short of uninstalling it.
Even if you can't turn it off, you can do a dual install:
Make two copies of CIV folder: one with BUG, one without. Rename the folder you want to use to the name under which CIV was originally installed before launching the game. (Can't give more detailed directions right now, because I don't have CIV at work.)

PS If you are interested in MP, you can check Pitboss 1 and PBEM threads, while staying away from Pitboss 2 until you are more comfortable, and then when somebody is looking for a replacement or an extra player, you can join the game. (Or if you don't mind jumping right in, one of the teams is currently looking for extra players.)

Hi, all! I'm not new, but I've been away for a long time. Just checking in to say "Hi"!