I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Welcome to Realms Beyond Civilization!

Arathorn and Sirian, both popping in after lengthy absences?! [Image: eek.gif] Feels like 2002 all over again! lol

Great to see you again, Arathorn. thumbsup
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

I want to say hello to all of you. One more loooong time lurker joining here.

Looks like I'm not the only long time lurker delurking for some MP fun smile

Hello, I have recently stumbled upon this forum. I followed some of the threads for civ3 succession games some time ago but never participated. From my understanding of this commnunity you seek out extra challenge to keep things interesting. This is something I have done in many games i have played so I am glad to have found this place on the vast web.

I am new to civ4, having only just recently purchased it. I was a bit dissapointed at the lack of scenarios avaliable though. They are my favourite part of civ games of old.

Im going to try out that american revolution scenario now. Looks like i have a lot to learn about this game.

EthicsGradient Wrote:Hello, I have recently stumbled upon this forum. I followed some of the threads for civ3 succession games some time ago but never participated. From my understanding of this commnunity you seek out extra challenge to keep things interesting. This is something I have done in many games i have played so I am glad to have found this place on the vast web.

I am new to civ4, having only just recently purchased it. I was a bit dissapointed at the lack of scenarios avaliable though. They are my favourite part of civ games of old.

Im going to try out that american revolution scenario now. Looks like i have a lot to learn about this game.

Welcome to Realms Beyond! We do have a RB Epic game going up in a few days, which will be fun if you're used to Immortal difficulty. In the meantime enjoy lurking and playing your American Revolution game.

Hello the name is Stellar. When I first got Civ4 about a month ago I was looking for some strategies for it on civfanatics. Someone pointed me to Sulla's site. (Wonderful site by the way Sulla.) And that naturally led me here. The idea behind the Adventures and Epics intrigued me and after finally getting around to actually registering here I am.

Hello everyone,

Hmm, how is this supposed to happen?

Oh,

My name is SoV and I am a lurker.

smile

No really, I am THE lurker. I have been lurking those forums almost daily since the day PBEM1 started. And I read EVERY-SINGLE-THREAD across ALL the games being played here. I'm sure I'm as spoiled as is humanly possible hahaha.

I wanted to take this opportunity to say hi to everyone at RB Forums and to thank everyone who've played and/or commented in the games that are being reported at the RB forums. You guys make this extremely fun for lurkers ^^

Greetings! Been playing Civ4 for... well... not very long now, but totally hooked on this game.

Found this forum in a roundabout way, googling for tips in how to win by role-playing Gandhi -- never seemed to make sense to me, having Gandhi in charge of a fleet of battleships and tanks. Came across Nonviolent Gandhi on Kylearan's site, along with a bunch of other cool variants and epic/adventure reports, which linked me here.

Been lurking a week or so, going through all the pitboss threads trying to make heads or tails of in-game decisions of some very good players, and trying to get the hang of micromanaging city production and workers' actions (it's so much easier to hit the automate button!). Finally got up the courage to jump in.

Off to try Adv44, not very hopeful but let's see what happens....

Hello!

Mostly just posting here so that I can start a thread with my adventure 44 report... but this is as good a time as any to say 'hi'.

Hello all.

I am a total Civ noob. Never played any Civ prior to IV and only discovered that I had installed IV to my hard drive years ago and then completely forgot about it due to bar exam stuff.

I've only played 4-5 games of vanilla Civ IV in total now. I have the expansions but have yet to play them. I've literally spent 2-3 times as much time reading CivFanatics threads and dissecting game reports from Sulla and Kylearan than I have playing.

For game one, I knew nothing about Civ except the tutorial and barely won a score victory over the AI on Settler. LOL. I might as well have just been clicking buttons at random. Adjusted score of ~1500.

For game two, I won a slightly easier score victory over Chieftain. Adjusted score of ~3000.

For game three, I decided I didn't want to win a score victory (finally) so I built a space ship around 1980 on Chieftain. Then I rolled it back to 1800 and finally declared war (avoided it entirely in my first three games) and won a late domination victory (circa 2000). Adjusted scores of ~4500 and ~6000.

It was about this time that I decided I needed some strat help, so I started reading CivFanatics threads.

I decided I wanted to win a cultural victory on Warlord for game four, but felt my city placements were lacking proper placement (I still didn't understand the Fat Cross AND I was placing them too far apart). I could've easily won, but I wasn't pleased with my progress, so I stopped around 1000 AD.

So at this time, I found Sulla's reports and they were just what the doctor ordered. Sulla's reports are so absurdly detailed that I finally got answers to all the little logistical questions that I needed.

So yesterday I ran my first Noble game and Sulla's (and Kylearan) reports had apparently helped me a lot, because I won a Domination victory in 1836. And I definitely played sub-optimally, because I didn't start paying attention to maximizing growth with proper food creation until midway through, ignored the cultural slider during some short bouts of WW, and waited too long to cottage out the yin-yang. Nevertheless, this was a massive step forward for me thanks to Sulla and Kylearan. Adjusted score ~40000. Woot Augustus Caesar (I was Dan Quayle 3 full games prior).

I think this community is really interesting and I've gleaned so much useful information from its members that I wanted to drop in and say thanks. I would like to start playing in Epics and Adventures, but I need to keep moving up the difficulty ladder and also learn the intricacies of BtS before trying I think.