Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Welcome to Realms Beyond Civilization!

Hi,

and welcome to Realms Beyond! smile

I can only encourage you to participate in the Epics/Adventures, even if you think the level of difficulty will be too high. I've learned a lot by making detailed reports on losses here (mostly Civ 3) and getting tons of feedback.

And regarding detailed reports to learn from: Have you found T-hawk's site yet? His reports are also great reads and extremely educative!

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider

I've seen T-Hawk's posts around here, but didn't know he had a website full of reports. That will be another time suck for me.

I'm starting a new job at a law firm tomorrow and I just wish I had found this Civ IV obsession a month or two ago while I was still unemployed. Argh!

If I can find the time, I would like to play in the current epic, but I do want to read some of the more recent reports of you guys that were played on the BtS game engine, because all of the reports I've read and games I've played have been on vanilla Civ IV, so all the Warlords and BtS additions and changes are completely off my radar.

Hey wow, we're like, celebrities. I'm honored. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Very glad to have you with us. Hope you'll stick around and join us for a while. Going to get a lot more exciting around here with another Civilization game on the horizon!
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

Welcome to RB Gold!

Gold Ergo Sum Wrote:I'm starting a new job at a law firm tomorrow and I just wish I had found this Civ IV obsession a month or two ago while I was still unemployed. Argh!

Trade?

sunrise089 Wrote:Trade?

LOL. Yeah, I was out of work for quite a while. It's rough out there.

My new job requires me to be up in Los Angeles for depositions and trials all this week, so I won't get in any more Civ for a few days, which will drive me up the wall.

But I am taking my wife's iPod Touch so I can read more BtS write-ups.

Gold Ergo Sum Wrote:LOL. Yeah, I was out of work for quite a while. It's rough out there.

My new job requires me to be up in Los Angeles for depositions and trials all this week, so I won't get in any more Civ for a few days, which will drive me up the wall.

But I am taking my wife's iPod Touch so I can read more BtS write-ups.

Actually, I'm happily employed while in law school, but I know the market upon graduation won't be fun. Of course there are many out there in much worse shape than me...

Speaking of the economy, do you think it will improve within 4-5 years? Unless it changes I am going to be in the same situation after college. frown

Anyway, welcome to the new members! I don't think I ever posted in this topic before.

DMOC Wrote:Speaking of the economy, do you think it will improve within 4-5 years?

Yes.

Darrell

DMOC Wrote:Speaking of the economy, do you think it will improve within 4-5 years?

No.

-Whosit

(Sorry, just had to be contrary.)

My guess is "yes, the economy will be better"...but the problem is that if it IS worse in 5 years than it is now, it won't be just slightly worse, I'm afraid...