Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Welcome to Realms Beyond Civilization!

I've been eyeing this site for a while and finally decided to join.

Hello all. I've been a lurker for some time yet never got my lazy tuchos up to join. Lots of folks here know me from CFC SGs, or at least I know lots of folks here from CFC SGs.

Really I'm here because Civ straight bores me. Ever since I found SGs, I can't play a single player game without some insanely deviant variant. Not that I'm a very good player. I just get <twitch> bored doing the <twitch><twitch> same thing more than once.

I figured this place is the next best thing to Ritalin.

Seriously though, what drove me over the edge was in learning how the SGOTM is scored. Earliest victory sounds almost as foolish of a way to judge an SG as final score. I decided to come here and learn to express my inner variant.

Thanks

Hello and welcome. smile

We do have our fair share of "early victory" scoring, but with a sizeable portion of varianticity on the side. I hope it's to your liking. smile

-Griselda

Hello All. I have lurked SGs and Epics here and decided I should join.
Currently on Emperor in CIV
"Eppur si muove"

I still haven't posted in this thread? I guess I might as well smile...

I've been a lurker here, for, well, quite a long time. Although I haven't actually completed any of the events yet -- since I started playing multiplayer I've almost entirely lost interest in singleplayer -- I do look forward to report day as a great a time when I'll suddenly have a lot of great reports to read.

I've mulled over participating in the events in a few times, especially with Epic IV. I played it for a while (somehow I managed to get Civil Service before Gandhi) and had a great time. Unfortunately, though, single player games just don't hold my interest later on as much as they used to. Multiplayer is much more interesting, in my opinion, and so I always end of forgoing the end of whatever single player game I'm playing to run off for a multiplayer game frown.

I always feel kind of bad posting in peoples' report threads, because I haven't actually played the game myself. So, I might not post in every single thread, but I'm certainly around reading reports. I thoroughly enjoy this place, and who knows, maybe some day I'll actually play one of the adventures (epic speed is a bit too much for somebody who is used to multiplayer games played with a turn timer and quick speed tongue).

Hi,

Gogf Wrote:I always feel kind of bad posting in peoples' report threads, because I haven't actually played the game myself.
I cannot speak for others, but personally, I very much welcome comments about my games/reports from people who haven't played that particular scenario! Sometimes, and outside perspective can even be better than comments from people who have played the game. thumbsup

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider

Hello,

I am new to Civilization IV and new to this forum. I've been reading a great deal on the game through the CivIV Fanatics site and Sulla's page. I eventually found my way here. I'm interested in these Epic games run on the site, although I don't really understand what they're about.

I remember playing Civilization back in junior high school in my computer class. I had no understanding of the game's mechanics, but I knew it was fun! I saw Civ IV a few months back and decided to pick it up recently. Much to say, I am an addict once more... finding myself playing until late at night, even after a long day's work. But, it's an intriguing game with many different strategies to try.

I'm looking forward to joining this community. See you around!

-DinoCow

Hello and welcome, DinoCow! smile

Decided to enlist in RB. Been playing a few variant SGs in CFC and thought I'd like to have a go in an RB SG when one becomes available 8) .

Welcome pigswill!
On League of Legends I am "BertrandDeHorn"