I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Welcome to Realms Beyond Civilization!

A happy Welcome from me too... thumbsup for you

Warning: Casual player online. eek

Been lurking for some time on several forums, hoping to find a game I could play and then later compare with how others choose to play, but most of the games I’ve found so far are simply way above my capabilities, until I noticed Gentle Adventure 18 here; Just the type of game I’d been looking for, manageable difficulty setting with a variant twist that inspires a slightly non-standard approach. Interesting... thumbsup

I’m hoping to see other games like adventure 18 in the future. If I may suggest I’d love to see some games that encourages playing styles sometimes missed by casual players like myself, perhaps a gentle variant based on the Monk economy or a map edited so it begs for city specialization. wink

TopCatDk Wrote:I’m hoping to see other games like adventure 18 in the future. If I may suggest I’d love to see some games that encourages playing styles sometimes missed by casual players like myself, perhaps a gentle variant based on the Monk economy or a map edited so it begs for city specialization. wink

Thanks very much TopCatDk! I'm more familiar with designing scenarios for the serious player, so any feedback that you and others can provide in terms of what you'd like to see for Gentle Adventures is hugely helpful. (There's been a lot of positive feedback from Adventure 18, so I'm going to read the reports closely on closing day and try to take the responses into account.) This definitely gives me an idea for the next Gentle game too... nod

Next up, however, is an Extreme game for the hardcore crowd (opening this Monday), followed by a laid-back, wacky variant on medium difficulty. The next Gentle game will probably slot in after that, but I haven't thought that far ahead yet. lol
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

Found this site by reading about Kylearan's amazing no-science game, and a couple other of his (ridiculously crazy) variants, then found Sullla's page from there and starting reading his Epic and Adventure reports, so I finally got around to joining. I'll give the Gentle Adventure a shot and see how it goes. Should be fun!

Just found this website through the game stories that I have been reading through Sulla's page... wish I knew about this place earlier but am happy in finding it now and will trying my hand at the games that are being offered. Civ IV is one of the greatest games I have ever played and am looking forward to this new challenge...

Well I finally decided to register here and try a few games after lurking around for much of Civ3 and Civ4 - Think I shall start with Epic 12, nothing like entering in the deep end! I can consistently beat emperor normally, but nasty start and variant rules! Should be a laugh.

Welcome, and good luck! smile

Hello everyone. smile

Just signed up here. Am a Civfanatics regular - heard about realms beyond a while ago - probably those crazy SGs you guys run! Lurked here a little bit, but figured the latest pot luck event was a good opportunity to try!

In non Civ life, I'm a programmer living and working in the South of the UK. Like turn based strategy and RPG games. Hmmm. Just had a realisation... I think I might be a geek. Curses!

And a Hi to T-Hawk from the signup thread - remember you from Arathons Civ III SGs as well. Those were some fun days. Remember your warmongering back in those days - always most effective! smile

"I think I might be a geek. Curses!"

Join the club! nod

Welcome to RealmsBeyone!
"We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender."

Winston Churchill

Just dropped in to say Hi. I'm Stunted from Croatia so I'll represent Eastern Europe here. smile I'm addicted to this game from 1994.

Currently I consider myself an Emperor level player in Warlords. Just bought BtS and installed, haven't finished a game yet.

I find your games here very interesting, especially game reports from various players. Looking forward to compare myself to you guys.

Game on.