Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Welcome to Realms Beyond Civilization!

Welcome, Coin! Always nice to see more Civ players commenting here. nod

hi guys

Longtime Civilization player here. I used to post frequently on civfanatics, but the site seems pretty dead as far as Civilization IV goes. I think I competed last year in one of the Noble clubs, but there were only about 3 of us. Seems kind of despondent, given how great Civilization IV is compared to every other iteration thereof.

I never actually played Civilization IV multiplayer, but I hope to change that. I've been playing a bunch of newer strategy games, but none of them can even approach this one. I guess I'm just a Soren Johnson fan, Offworld Trading Company was great fun too, even though its pretty dead.

(July 18th, 2020, 17:11)3rdandmain Wrote: hi guys

Longtime Civilization player here. I used to post frequently on civfanatics, but the site seems pretty dead as far as Civilization IV goes. I think I competed last year in one of the Noble clubs, but there were only about 3 of us. Seems kind of despondent, given how great Civilization IV is compared to every other iteration thereof.

I never actually played Civilization IV multiplayer, but I hope to change that. I've been playing a bunch of newer strategy games, but none of them can even approach this one. I guess I'm just a Soren Johnson fan, Offworld Trading Company was great fun too, even though its pretty dead.

Welcome to the fun!
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

(July 18th, 2020, 17:11)3rdandmain Wrote: hi guys

Always great to see new players! I'm pretty new around here myself. I recommend reading the ongoing PB52 threads, they're very engaging. Hope to see you in a pitboss soon!
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

Are other readers having problems with overlapping lines in threads? A lot of them aren't readable for me today. First time in a while here. Firefox and Chrome having issues. Firefox is worse.

LKendter, this problem popped up a while back -- something with a change in the forum software. What worked for me is going to my profile, then the 'Edit Options' page, and un-selecting 'Display posts in classic mode' under the Thread View options.

Hopefully this will be readable for you, as the problem makes it hard to find out what is going on.

Hallo chaps, just signed up to this forum. Looking to play Pitboss next time a spot is open! Is there a post somewhere listing how to set things up? Also do people only play Vanilla?

Welcome, always looking for new players here smile how did you find this bunch of Grognards?
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(June 8th, 2021, 12:01)BING_XI_LAO Wrote: Hallo chaps, just signed up to this forum. Looking to play Pitboss next time a spot is open! Is there a post somewhere listing how to set things up? Also do people only play Vanilla?

You can find signup threads for PBs here: http://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/forum...php?fid=21

Right now we are running a bigger 25 person PB (PB59) and recently a new PB60 started. Might be a good idea to lurk one player there to get used to our way of doing things: https://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/foru...hp?fid=346

We have a post explaining everything, but best wait until the next PB starts. It's not that hard.

We rarely play vanilla BTS here. Right now we have 3 mods running:

Rebalance the Realms (RtR): Balance mod, kindly nicknamed Civ 4.5 by some
Close to Home (CtH): Lighter balance mod, staying closer to BTS
PBmod: Standard BTS with only additions to be able to run it on our servers:

You can find links to the first two mods in my signature.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Hi everyone! I'm getting back into playing civ 4 (and 3) again, and figured I would check this place out and join in the fun. Maybe I'll even learn something and be able to tackle deity games at some point.
Games: PB62, PB63