I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Welcome to Realms Beyond Civilization!

Welcome Diamondeye. I've been lurking your SG with glee recently. Feel free to grab the download for our current Epic and Adventure and give them a whirl.

sunrise089 Wrote:Welcome Diamondeye. I've been lurking your SG with glee recently. Feel free to grab the download for our current Epic and Adventure and give them a whirl.

Thanks for the welcome! Just out of interest, the Deity SG or the concurrent SGs on Monarch? Because I have only played like one turnset in the Deity one, and will be on vacation for the next ten days from tomorrow, so it might be the only set I play tongue

Welcome, Diamondeye. smile

Diamondeye Wrote:Thanks for the welcome! Just out of interest, the Deity SG or the concurrent SGs on Monarch? Because I have only played like one turnset in the Deity one, and will be on vacation for the next ten days from tomorrow, so it might be the only set I play tongue
The Deity one smile

Thanks for the welcome Griselda, nice avatar lol

sunrise089 Wrote:The Deity one smile

Thought so... It's tough, but we're lucky so far, having blocked off Pacal and Louis while keeping them both around Pleased-Friendly. Now, we'll soon see whether we're able to actually pull a win off and not just bash Pacal a bit while someone else goes to the stars. rolleye

Hi to everyone!

I'm another newbie to this forum and after reading at least Kylearan's reports I think to the game as well. wink
Nontheless I'd like to take part in some of your games provided here.. But for participating I should start to improve my strategies quite a lot. So does anybody can provide me some good threads discussing some strategies?
Thx by now..

Thy Spellcraft

Hi Thy Spellcraft,

and welcome to Realms Beyond! smile

Thy_Spellcraft Wrote:Nontheless I'd like to take part in some of your games provided here..
thumbsup

Quote:But for participating I should start to improve my strategies quite a lot. So does anybody can provide me some good threads discussing some strategies?
The most helpful reading on that would be the Succession Games over at Civfanatics, IMHO. Because a player's turnset is 10-15 turns only, reports tend to be a lot more detailed. Additionally, the teamplay required leads to a lot of discussions about options, alternatives and reasons for choosing those (or not).

There are several Realms Beyond succession games, too - there's a list of them on our main site as well.

Even better than reading about the games would be participating in one of them, of course. wink Being a newbie is no problem in that case, as teamplay alone will allow you to play at least one level of difficulty above your normal comfort zone easily. I know I learned the most by taking part in Succession Games. smile

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider

Hello to everybody at realmsbeyond! I am writing my first post and am going to have a do at the latest game on here. I have been a fan of Civ since Civ 1 way back - was probably a bit young to fully appreciate it mind! Civ 2 was awesome. Enjoyed many a game using REX and then warring using railroads - unlimited movement! Civ 3 was a let down for me. The corruption was a pain in the arse and i always got fed up and quit. I remember playing one game on an Earth map and any captured city or new build produced 1 shield and 1 commerce... BORING!

Civ 4 however is so good. Stopped playing for ages and then started again when i got BTS a few months ago. Got the bug real bad again and started looking for sites for tips etc, found here!

Must admit that i love the epics/adventures on here and some of the players are immense at tatics. I would never contemplate a Deity win except on a small Pangea using a Quechua rush! angry Even then i struggle, especially once AI starts using axes!

Anyhoo... i'm looking forward to trying a few of the epics/adventures and maybe posting a report or two. jive

Welcome to RB. :wink2:
Have fun.

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

Hello all. I am a long time lurker who finally is going to follow through with a new years resolution - to sign up and participate here at Realms Beyond. I have been playing Civ 4 on and off since its release as well as the expansions but have been threatening (myself) to get involved here at Realms Beyond so here I am.

I have learned much lurking the threads and reports as well as following the various succession games at civfanatics. My biggest hurdle is a technical one - properly saving and then uploading pictures to be used in posts and reports. Any help would be appreciated as I would like to attempt a sponsored game here and report same in an acceptable form.

If I have breached protocal or manners in my first post then apologies to all.