For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Welcome to Realms Beyond Civilization!

Welcome, BlacknTan! (Guinness, or Yuengling, or another brand?)

You've picked a monster of a time to jump in, with Epic 24 being the currently sponsored game. If that's a bit intimidating, we will have an alternate game (of a more modest size!) opening in a couple weeks. Or you're always welcome to try a past game - there's several dozen to choose from by now. Or you can feel free to tackle Epic 24 head on.

Regarding images, the key points are these. In the game, the Print Screen key will make the game save a screenshot image to your hard drive. From there, you can upload it to an image hosting service to make it visible on the web. Popular sites for that are Imageshack and Photobucket, among many options. I'll let others follow up with more detail; my methods are fairly advanced with Paint Shop Pro and my own (purchased) web hosting, so I'm probably not the best teacher. smile

Again, welcome, it's always good to have new faces! innocent

Thanks for the welcome! Both brands apply but the name also reflects the preferred color of my german shepherds.

Sorry for all the questions but when submitting games/reports, other than posting a report, does the final save get submitted to the sponsor or put as a save in the report? I looked at previous reports and could not determine what protocal dictates.

I am going to try my hand at Epic 24 (I assume spectacular failures are permitted!) and wanted to make sure I reported this in some acceptable fashion. Again, any help on the technical side is appreciated.

Thanks again for the support and welcome.

Welcome.
Spectacular failures are among the best reads.

A save is not normally required. It is good to have savegames on important dates (scoring dates) and end game, in the (very, very rare) occasion the game sponsor wants to verify your claims, but normally you do not have to attach them to your report.

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

mostly_harmless Wrote:Welcome.
Spectacular failures are among the best reads.

A save is not normally required. It is good to have savegames on important dates (scoring dates) and end game, in the (very, very rare) occasion the game sponsor wants to verify your claims, but normally you do not have to attach them to your report.

mh

I agree. I would much rather read a good report about a loss, than a badly written report about an incredible first place finish.

Greetings to the good peoples of Realms Beyond! I am Sylon and I wish to speak to you regarding the sum of 300 gold and the Banking technology. This technology was inherited from my neighbour Lincoln exactly 10 turns before he died a very violent death. A death, I assure you, my army of highly promoted macemen and knights had nothing to do with.

In following with his final instructions, I am to give away the aforementioned sum of 300 gold and the Banking technology. To that end, I have chosen you. However, in order to do that, I require you to move all your military units, along with any workers or settlers you may have in your possession to the border city of Heliopolis, and press the 'Gift unit (Goes to Sylon)' button for every single one of them.

This will not work if you leave even a single unit behind, so please be thorough in your exchange. I would also ask that you pay no heed to the large numbers of trebuchets amassed within Heliopolis; they are there for the annual trebuchet festival.

I look forward to your reply, and to doing more fair and forthright trades with the great and venerable Realms Beyond.

Sincerely,
Sylon.

(What I meant to say was, I am pleased to meet you all and hope that we will get along well from now on.)

Thanks for that last out-of-character line, because we've gotten some spambots with messages pretty similar in the past, and I almost deleted your intro post.

Welcome! :wink2:
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

Thank you. My apologies for the inconvenience.

I've heard the advice "don't complain and don't explain." Presumably because nobody really wants to hear either. It's great advice. If you'd like to hear me disregard the latter half, click this link.

I stopped playing Civ or any related activities for a year while I worked on developing better time- and life-management skills.

In the process, I abandoned both Adventure 30 and my CivFanatics SGOTM team. I don't feel good about that at all. I apologize to all who were irked by my (in)actions.

While I doubt if I can make up for this, I will say this: I'm sorry, and it won't happen again.

I can also say that I plan to participate in most of the remaining RB Civ Adventures and Epics, subject (of course) to real-life time constraints.

Playing Epic 25 has been a great way to return to Civ....

Note: I'm not sure where to put this post (if anywhere at all), but here in the Welcome Thread seems as good a place as any. If there's a better place, please feel free to move it.

Hi Compromise! :wink2:

Nice to hear from you again! And don't feel bad - real life, family and health are always more important than a game, and I'm glad to hear you're better. I hope you can play CIV again now without any bad side-effects. smile

If you'd like, join Team Realms Beyond in the Apolyton demogame! It's a lot of fun without having to spend too much time on the game if you don't want to. There's a thread about it here in the forum, a couple of posts below this.

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider

Glad to have you back. I made a post in the Apolyton Demogame forum about members who disappeared...getting you back crosses one of the most important names off the list.

More importantly, glad your real-life affairs are running smoothly.