Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

"how to mod" questions

(March 21st, 2018, 06:42)Makinus Wrote: Registered only to ask this question:

How do i mod the game to eliminate the Spell of Mastery and to increase the research costs of the other spells? I want a more longer game, without it suddenly ending by researching the spell of mastery, and i like a more sedate pace on the research than the default.....

Thanks.

Maybe a little late, but you can edit your save game using a program like this one to make the Spell of Mastery unresearchable for all players at the start of the game.

I have a question of my own, if anyone would be so kind to answer. Is it possible to create a Death battlefield enchantment that simulates the ghoul's ability to create undead after a battle but it does so for all living creatures killed in battle? Basically, I want everything that dies to come back as undead versions after a victorious battle.

Hello, I have a couple of questions.

The first is, how to change the value governing how far towns can be created from each other?

Second, is there some way to make the AI have less stacks running around the map, as at one point, you have won the game in terms of power, but have to play whack a mole with the AIs units...

Thank you.

Hey guys, does anyone know offsets for Caster of Magic's Wizards.exe? I'm trying to change book and retort limits, but given offsets
("For books: 633e6 and 63405 in wizards.exe - this must be changed simultaneously. Also for retorts: 633e0 and 633fa.") seem to be incorrect.

Edit: one way to circumvent this problem is to use real-time tweaker, it is possible to edit wizard's books and retorts with it after starting the game.

The kaarsen link in the OP for eljay's files is broken. I can't find Eljay's files anywhere online. Can someone let me know where they are? Mainly I need wizards2.txt, but I would like them all of course. If I get them, I can upload them so that they don't disappear (again). Also, thank you ILSe for answering so many questions in the his and other threads.

(September 12th, 2019, 17:13)asw3 Wrote: Hello, I have a couple of questions.

The first is, how to change the value governing how far towns can be created from each other?

Second, is there some way to make the AI have less stacks running around the map, as at one point, you have won the game in terms of power, but have to play whack a mole with the AIs units...

Thank you.

The answer to your first question is in the OP.

5.2. minimum city distance (3) is defined in wizards.exe at offset [see OP].  If you change that value from 3 to 4, then.... you could even change it to a larger value if you prefer.

(November 3rd, 2020, 10:33)Jay Wrote: The kaarsen link in the OP for eljay's files is broken.  I can't find Eljay's files anywhere online.  Can someone let me know where they are?  Mainly I need wizards2.txt, but I would like them all of course.  If I get them, I can upload them so that they don't disappear (again).  Also, thank you ILSe for answering so many questions in the his and other threads.

Here you are https://web.archive.org/web/201201261124...MoM/eljay/