I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

"how to mod" questions

i'm pretty sure food upkeep is hardcoded.
dance!

(January 10th, 2015, 16:07)letsdance Wrote: i'm pretty sure food upkeep is hardcoded.
Changing race to death probably has all the effects of being undead, and setting the summoned bit should cause upkeep to be in mana (not sure if you can build a unit with the summoned flag if it also has a proper race and building flags).

yes. in my mod i removed the summoned flag from nature summons. these units now have gold + food upkeep.
dance!

(January 9th, 2015, 19:37)zitro1987 Wrote: *how do you mod food upkeep from units?
try wizards.exe 963f2 eb 00 ->d1 f8, it havles food for army.
Aslo, removing summoning bit cause this unit can come as a mercenary.

(January 12th, 2015, 04:46)Asfex Wrote:
(January 9th, 2015, 19:37)zitro1987 Wrote: *how do you mod food upkeep from units?
try wizards.exe 963f2 eb 00 ->d1 f8, it havles food for army.
Aslo, removing summoning bit cause this unit can come as a mercenary.

That's cool, if I can figure out how to halve or eliminate unrest bonus from non-hero units, I'd be all set.

So, returning to an old issue with some more points:
If you have a ranged attack and spellcasting ability, the ranged attack type is not archery, and your magic points are lower than 3, the ranged attack is disabled. This applies even if the ranged attack type does not use ammunition.
If the ranged attack does use ammunition, the ammunition byte is ignored, and the attack expends 3 magic points.

I want to remove both of those effects -- have ranged attacks totally ignore spellcasting ability -- just use ammo as appropriate. I assume this is all buried somewhere in the combat routines. Is there a way of doing that?

moreover, if the magic point spended to below 3, this removes throwing attack also. However, its not a mod, it is the bugfix.

to Zitro1987: you may use mod "to extend rest effect for fantastic creatures" and change the number from which fantatic creatures counts as a summoned units for this purpose.

(January 15th, 2015, 03:22)Asfex Wrote: moreover, if the magic point spended to below 3, this removes throwing attack also.
By all ranged attacks, I mean everything in the ranged byte. If you give a unit a gaze or breath attack it also goes away. In fact, I think thrown rocks go away.
(January 15th, 2015, 03:22)Asfex Wrote: However, its not a mod, it is the bugfix.
Making ranged magical attacks use ammo would be a mod. The rest is a fix to a bug that can only appear if you mod the game, as there are no units with thrown, breath, or gaze attacks and magic points (I suppose it might apply if you chaos channeled a hero that has magic points and no ranged attack and got fire breath).

True. You see, the bugfix is complex. I implemented this in my mod, but i need more testers, to be sure i may public it.

(January 15th, 2015, 04:30)Asfex Wrote: True. You see, the bugfix is complex.
You can't just use whatever lets bows work properly and change that test?