For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

"how to mod" questions

No, of couse. i must select case i must remove ranged attack and not remove.find appropriate point ,check it and find good way to correct.
Ai rely on ability ranged attack, so i must remove ranged arrack in some cases, or remodel the whole ai combat behaviour - buts lot of work (and lots of possible new bugs).

I wonder, is there any way to make retorts affect unrest? Might be interesting if Diplomat could halve racial unrest modifiers or something of the sort, and you could make Myrran meaningful after start of game by giving it an unrest modifier for Myrran cities.

Infernal and divine power give pacify effect. why do you need more? Is there a solid idea? Note , myrran retort can not be found in a node.

(January 15th, 2015, 03:22)Asfex Wrote: to Zitro1987: you may use mod "to extend rest effect for fantastic creatures" and change the number from which fantatic creatures counts as a summoned units for this purpose.
I'm confused by the idea. I'm not sure if I understand nor how to do it.

On the unrest bonus problem with stationed units, my beef is that it encourages you too easily to mass-recruit units to protect your cities and giving you 4 unrest bonus, the equivalent of 4 religious buildings that cost 1500/10upk.

If the unrest bonus is reduced from 'bonus per 2 troops' to 'bonus per 4 troops' or bonus only applies to stationed heroes, it can change the dynamic in a good way

(January 21st, 2015, 07:13)zitro1987 Wrote: On the unrest bonus problem with stationed units, my beef is that it encourages you too easily to mass-recruit units to protect your cities and giving you 4 unrest bonus, the equivalent of 4 religious buildings that cost 1500/10upk.
The mass-recruit units costs 8 food, which is significantly more detrimental than 10 gold. Also, the cathedral is a terrible investment, and those religious buildings do have other uses.

however i disagree with this idea, Try to change the number in the mod change-string which is resemble on unit type number.
I think any city must have garrison to protect it and gets 4 unrest bonus...

(December 25th, 2014, 19:11)kyrub Wrote: I have an old solution to weak fortress on my HD, from ZiKy.
I thought I'd put that in next Insecti patch as an option, but then my life moved on.

These are my old notes:
"extra build: Fortress upon attack = 1 lightning bolt on random enemy target per round, strength = 2 + wizard's skill / 8 (capped at 30)"
https://www.mediafire.com/?0idaymjmsvci4l3

You may use it, merge it with your patches. (Be aware of the possibility to use it as an exploit against AI opponents.)
Good luck. k

How do you merge it with one's wizard.exe patch without losing all insecticide/other mods? It looks like a re-named wizard.exe file and I don't know what modifications were done to replicate these with hexeditor.

Thanks!

in command mode, make file compare this patch and vanilla wizards.exe. Then apply this changes in insecticide. Hope this changes compatible, and enjoy.

Thanks, while I'm excited in using it to fix one of Master of Magic's worst flaws, this seems too overwhelming for me to make it work (comparison views bring up an insane amount of non-match data), not to mention that I don't even know the wizard.exe basis that the fortress file uses.

find programm xck2com, it can apply changes from text file to the wizard.exe , instead to make it via hex editor.
You can use programm xcp.exe for this work instead, i put it into one archive of my mod.
The txt file to make lighting from fortress is attached.

Attached Files
.zip   FORTLIG.zip (Size: 1.36 KB / Downloads: 16)