Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Naming things!

Five seconds of searching found plenty of naming material here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillette_(b...r_products

T-Hawk's thing actually gave me inspiration. I google'd "famous razors" and top result was actually Occam's Razor, and second was the wikipedia page for "Razor (philosophy)"... How about making a bit of a leap and naming cities after famous philosophers? And of course, philosophers surely had long beards that badly needed shaving. This could always be what we name workers after if we aren't hyped about this idea.

Or could name cities after different types of hair - mustache, mullet, etc. Ok this sounds like a terrible idea lol but just throwing things out there.

Philosophers sounds kinda cool to me.

scooter Wrote:T-Hawk's thing actually gave me inspiration. I google'd "famous razors" and top result was actually Occam's Razor, and second was the wikipedia page for "Razor (philosophy)"... How about making a bit of a leap and naming cities after famous philosophers? And of course, philosophers surely had long beards that badly needed shaving. This could always be what we name workers after if we aren't hyped about this idea.

This is genius.

How about phrases that have razor or blade in their name or a shaving related theme implied. For example:

Occam's Razor (Has to be the capital!)
Blades of Glory
Smooth Criminals
Muramasa
Baby's Bottom
Blade Runner
Smooth Operator

Etc.

Let's use Philosophers for the workers. All these smart people working the grounds while thinking about their theories.

I agree with philosophers for worker names. We'll want to give each worker a unique name anyways to keep track of who is doing what for our micro plans. Plus, it may be a bit too obscure for city names (but maybe that's a good thing?)

I like shady's idea for city names, with Occam's Razor as our capital.

Different units can be named after specific shaving products.

How about Flic Disposables (obviously a border city)?

[Image: pPYUi.jpg]

Should we be naming our units at some point? At this time it is easy given that there is 1 warrior and 1 scout. But what if, at some point of the game, we have 2 warriors!!!!!!

Any ideas for our worker's name? I like the philosopher idea. Aristotle, Sophocles, Plato?