I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Settings Discussion

Kyan Wrote:Whilst I trust you, what is it mate? A tool to pre-load civ with the mod on?

Yeah. Nice, easy drop-down menus. Remembers the mod you last chose, too.

Brilliant. Thanks a lot.

/thread hijack.

My preferences:
1. Forums open/closed: No preference, since for the first time, I will only be following one team!
2. Diplomacy: Full
3. Tech trading: Off
4. Leader choices: All on. Since I haven't played in tons of these games, the snake pick is still exciting for me. If others would prefer to limit leaders/civs, I'm fine with that.
5. Mods: None.

For leaders, I'd like to see typical snake pick (which is always fun despite have done tons of them), and a very minimalist leader ban list. I'm mostly in the "leave options on the table" camp, but a very light ban list is helpful. Yeah if you ban X leaders there will still be a "best leader" available, but the unfiltered list has a bigger gap from #1 to #5 than it does with a few bans.

So I'd say ban India, Inca, and Pacal. Without them banned, they will almost guaranteed be first 3 off the board. The next 5 civs vary - you can make an argument for any of them as best. Similar with leaders - I'd wager Pacal is first for almost everyone... But ban him and Willem or Huayna or Sury or Mansa or Isabella is a legitimate debate IMO.

1. Forums open/closed: Open, but global lurkers should not be posting in team threads.
2. Diplomacy: Full
3. Tech trading: Off
4. Leader choices: Everything allowed.
5. Mods: None.

1) Forums - open
2) Diplomacy - full
3) Tech trading - off
4) Leaders - no preference.
5) Mods - None, but wouldn't mind if we were to use one.

Assuming a snake pick, will we see a screenshot of our starting location before we make the picks?

ATrain Wrote:Assuming a snake pick, will we see a screenshot of our starting location before we make the picks?

I'm fine with that.

Forums - no preference
Diplo - full public
Tech Trading - limited (2 techs per era sounds fine) (off second preference)
Leaders - snake ban as Krill suggested, then snake pick
Mods - none (RBMod second preference)

Ok, Mist has an official settings vote thread. We should probably just go ahead and fill it all out - so we'll need a consensus on each of them. A tiny bit of this is redundant, but that's ok. His post is here, with my preferences bolded:

Mist Wrote:This is not a discussion thread. Once teams decide on what they prefer, I'd like the captains to post a vote here.
Civilizations per team?
Starting Era? Ancient
Pitboss style? - Sequential / Concurrent
Diplomacy? - Full private / Full public / AI Diplo / Banter thread / CTON
Always War? - Yes / No
Barbarians? - Raging / Yes / No [/b]Indifferent[/b]
Spies? - Full / Limited ( declare options to ban ) / None Just not full
Corporations? - Yes / No
Blockades? - Yes / Modern Era only / No Indifferent
War Elephants? - Yes / Khmer only / No
Tech Trading? - Yes / Limited / No
Nukes? - Yes / No
Map trading? - Always / When possible in game
Banned Wonders? none
Pick method? Snake with few to no bans (India/Inca/Pacal)
Map restrictions? One that doesn't suck