For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Settings Discussion

Civs/Team: 1
Starting Era: ancient
Sequential/Simultaneous: simultaneous
Always War?: No
Nukes?: No

Diplomacy?: Full private
Wonders banned? No
Pick Method? Snake pick
Map restrictions? Mapmaker's choice

Barbs?: No
Spies?: Yes (no change civic or religion)
Corporations?: No preferences
Blockades?: Modern only
Tech Trading?: No
Screenshots before Paper?: Yes

Another thing - how do you guys stand on these choices for forum access? (I added letters for ease of use)

T-hawk Wrote:It can be done separately per team. These would be the choices, which each team can make at their discretion:

A) Fully private, only approved members let in. (This would be set up like the CFC demogame, with one or more captains in charge of approving access.)

B) Open to all logged in users, except for members of other teams. Not visible without a login.

C) Open to all, even without any login. (Still not visible for logged in members of other teams, but they could log out to read it. Prevents accidental cheating but only accidental.)

My preference goes ABC, though I wouldn't complain about any of them. Though I think it's more like AB.......C.

I prefer B.

And i realy want a full snake pick, without any leaders or civ out.
NTT, or 2 techs received.other option i dont have a strong opinion.

I think I like B as well.

shadyforce Wrote:I think I like B as well.

+1

I think I like B, then A.

No preference on the forum question.

I do favor some limits/bans on leaders/civs, just to avoid the tired stampede to the same tired set of choices. Some combos are just better than the rest, and if they are allowed you have to try to get one of them to avoid playing at a disadvantage.

I'll go with B.

I actually prefer no ban snake pick though, since this is just 5 teams, therefore there's hardly any risk of a team getting screwed up. Besides, it's the biggest thing RB has in ages, so why not make it a normal game for all the players/lurkers to enjoy?

I quite like the Troll Team's suggestion of emails only diplo (no chat). I think it makes for better team diplomacy: We all have a say in our messages and we speak as a team, rather than one person on our team buddy-buddying up with one person on another team.

Ok, let's just make this simple. I would now prefer just normal snake pick with all in play. No bans, just simple. I definitely am not interested in a bottom-half group of choices as Plako suggested.

I also do think the "no chat" thing is unenforceable - in Gmail especially there's virtually no difference between quickly responding to emails and chatting.