Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Settings Discussion

I put a heavy vote against that diplo suggestion. Emails take a long time to get a point accross. Chatting is also massively to our benefit here in terms of the diplomatic skill sets we have available.

So you guys good with us putting our official team vote down as B? That seems to be the consensus, so if one of the captains want to post in that new thread T-Hawk just opened and lock it in, that'd be great.

I prefer A, B, ... C like scooter. Looks like we are going with B though. I will post this in the thread.

Edit: I misread the options actually, and B looks just as good to me as A.

SevenSpirits Wrote:I prefer A, B, ... C like scooter. Looks like we are going with B though. I will post this in the thread.

Edit: I misread the options actually, and B looks just as good to me as A.

Yeah, B and A are very little difference to me so I'm fine with B. I only have a very slight preference for A because of the occasional time I browse on a computer that doesn't have my login saved - I'd rather not see thread titles in the most recently viewed list. However, that's an uncommon case, so if the majority vote B, I'm fine with that. I just don't really want C.

Edit: nvm, B is even better than I thought too.

I collated the votes on the remaining controversial issues. I believe that everyone but regoarrarr has voted.

Civs/Team 1
Starting Era ancient
Sequential/Simultaneous simultaneous
Diplomacy? full private
Always War? no
Barbs? mild no
Spies? mild no
Corporations? mild no
Blockades? modern only
War Elephants? Khmer only
Tech Trading? no
Nukes? no
Screenshots before Paper? yes
Wonders banned? no
Pick Method? tie: full snake; or ban having more than 1 of exp/fin/india/inca
Map restrictions? mapmaker's choice

Should I post this in the main settings thread soon?

Yeah go for it. Probably best for us all to pick up the pace slightly on the settings stuff as at some point we have to just go with something.

SevenSpirits Wrote:I want to suggest the following for everyone to vote on, in addition to the topics Mist provided:
* See starts and settings before snake pick [Yes/No]
* Ban diplo victory [Yes/No]
* Diplo before in-game contact [Yes/No]

My votes:

Starts before pick: YES
Ban diplo win: YES
Diplo before contact: NO

Starts before pick: NO
Ban diplo win: YES
Diplo before contact: NO

scooter Wrote:My votes:

Starts before pick: YES