For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Leader & Civ Selection Thread

Mansa is a weak pick to match with Inca considering what was available. It doesn't surprise me that much though. With all greatest respect, that team are not one that I generally fear as a long term threat.

Every team will be competitive in this game, there will be nobody severely lagging behind, but I expect Pirates and TEAM to be trailing behind the others slightly.

Team has a very good civ,and a solid leader for what krill like to play.

mackoti Wrote:Team has a very good civ,and a solid leader for what krill like to play.

Depends how much of it Krill plays and how much the rest of the team. With all great restpect, their team does not have any members other than Krill that could outplay us in a vacuum. Of course, diplo means this is a vacuum-free zone so that could be fairly irrelevant.

I'm really surprised by Mansa. I will be even more surprised if India does not take Sury.
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

I mean, Mansa of Inca is certainly not bad, but at that point Inca isn't worth #2 pick in the draft IMO. Just take Pacal if you aren't cool with Isabella of Inca.

Yeah, I wouldn't go underestimating teams - though I don't mean to imply that Kyan was doing that - just a general comment. Diplomacy on is a big deal. It's less of a big deal if there's a significant skill disparity, but they do have some very good players on their team, so the skill disparity is pretty minor.

Also, I do think Krill will be very active in this game despite his claims to the contrary. I think he'll get bored with PB5 before too long, and he'll get sucked into this. So I expect pretty good things from that team too.

scooter Wrote:I think he'll get bored with PB5 before too long, and he'll get sucked into this.

You think so? This gives us hope in PB5 then lol

yuris125 Wrote:You think so? This gives us hope in PB5 then lol

I think so only because we have no hope. lol

yuris125 Wrote:You think so? This gives us hope in PB5 then lol

Hope? What is this thing of which you speak?