I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Leader & Civ Selection Thread

Well I would say 3rd is better than 2nd if we just want a top 3 pick (because we get an earlier pick on the way back and an earlier in-game-turn, but I agree that India is less restrictive and probably better than Inca so I would go with 2 ahead of 3 as well.

shadyforce Wrote:Well I would say 3rd is better than 2nd if we just want a top 3 pick (because we get an earlier pick on the way back and an earlier in-game-turn, but I agree that India is less restrictive and probably better than Inca so I would go with 2 ahead of 3 as well.

I think it's worthwhile simply because there are only two top tier civs. Going third and assuming both civs go leaves us with the top leader and a mediocre civ. Going second would yield us a top civ and a still very good leader.

I think we can say we pick third poziton we can get Pacal(mostly of our teamplayers like it so much), india or inca all very good option, i think.

mackoti Wrote:I think we can say we pick third poziton we can get Pacal(mostly of our teamplayers like it so much), india or inca all very good option, i think.

India is out.

If one of inca/pacal gets taken should we pick the other? Any arguments against?

SevenSpirits Wrote:If one of inca/pacal gets taken should we pick the other? Any arguments against?

What do we do in the (unlikely) event that neither gets picked?

SevenSpirits Wrote:If one of inca/pacal gets taken should we pick the other? Any arguments against?

This is my current opinion, yes. If someone wants to make the case for something else at #3, now would be the time.

So that we don't get caught surprised and don't hold things up too much, it's probably prudent to discuss Pacal vs Inca just in case somebody takes something different. Opinions? I slightly prefer Pacal over Inca, though I suspect I'm in the minority there.

I think we'd have to discuss things in that case. I'm not sure which one I prefer, actually.

FYI - Oledavy notified me that they (Pirates) are debating on Inca vs Pacal right now. He said he figured he would tell me in case it would help us speed up our discussion to know it will be one of those two gone.

It probably actually removes our discussion since it sounds like we are picking whatever they leave us, which is okay by me.

If we pick Pacal, I assume we are playing one of:
- Pacal of Khmer
- Pacal of Egypt
- Pacal of Rome
- Pacal of Byzantium
(Any other proposals?)

If we pick Inca, we are
- Sury of Inca
- Mehmed of Inca
- Bismark of Inca
- Isabellla of Inca
(Any others?)

Personally, I prefer Pacal of Khmer but you guys aren't as big about Khmer as I am, so if I am so ignoring that, I think the Inca pairings are probably stronger. Maybe mackoti will get his Mehmed of Inca after all. smile