I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Leader & Civ Selection Thread

We can just post Pacal right?

Nope.i belived that they will pick pacal becasue of that i didnt said nothing.I am against financial leader.

There is a polling function supported in the forum software, vote lads.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Mackoti says he doesn't want Pacal.

Time to make your sales pitch on something else, as it seems most are pretty strongly in favor of Pacal.

I was hoping they would take Pacal, not Inca. Ah well, my vote now is for Pacal
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

If it's not Pacal, and if i remember Mackoti doesn't want Pacal because of Financial, the choices left would probably be Expansive/Organized (Bismarck?), Creative/Organized (Zara), Creative/Expansive(Sury), and just maybe Financial/Organized (Darius)...

Another choice might be picking Industrious, and hoping no one else picks it?

mackoti Wrote:Nope.i belived that they will pick pacal becasue of that i didnt said nothing.I am against financial leader.

I already voted Pacal in the other thread, but I'd be willing to be persuaded to another leader. Financial would be wasted once we land the pyramids.

MackSeven do come with the "Automatic Pyramids" trait, right?

What about mehmed, and every one laughing at us? and after we prove them they are wrong?

mackoti Wrote:What about mehmed, and every one laughing at us? and after we prove them they are wrong?

Could you explain why Org is better than Fin? Both are slow traits.

mackoti Wrote:What about mehmed, and every one laughing at us? and after we prove them they are wrong?

Mack, I know you believe FIN is overrated. I'm not convinced you're wrong. In your opinion, what traits are stronger and why?

Mehmed was a decent 'go-to' choice if we had got Inca due to his traits synergising nicely. Tell me this also, do you want a non-financial leader because you believe they will be better than Pacal or do you want one to prove a point?