T13 - Worker done
T16 - AH done
T17 - Deer camped
T20 - Grow to 2
T21 - Warrior done
T22 - Pig pastured
T23-24 - Worker has to build roads
T25 - Pottery done
T30 - FP cottaged (and not being worked)
T31 - Mining done
T32 - Settler done

BW due T44, but can change depending on the 2nd city

...if we research AH before Hunting:

Research AH - Hunting - Pottery - Mining - BW

Quote:T12 - AH done
T17 - Hunting done, pig pastured
T19 - Grow to 2
T22 - Deer pastured
T23 - Grow to 3, Warrior done
T23-25 - Worker builds roads
T26 - Pottery done
T30 - FP cottaged (and being worked)
T32 - Mining done, Settler done

BW is due T42 in this scenario (again, not accounting for the 2nd city)

So AH before Hunting is clearly better because of the better food tile coming online earlier

I will also check how Vikings play out

OK, first of all, settling on the coast is strictly worse than 1NW - even if we have Fishing. Because there's no way to get the Exp bonus for Worker build on the coast. I tried it, but it's significantly slower: building Worker - Workboat - Settler, Settler is only started on T28. I think we would have to detour for Mining - BW before Pottery to get chops

If we settle 1NW, we research Wheel instead of Hunting in the previous scenario, and it takes 2 turns more. So research is 2 turns slower, all builds are the same. But we will be able to settle the 2nd city near the fish

So, 1NW is the way to go regardless of the starting techs. We need to be able to research AH first (so need to start with Agri or Hunting). Starting with Agri/Wheel is slightly faster, but not enough to give decisive advantage to either option

yuris125 Wrote:So, 1NW is the way to go regardless of the starting techs. We need to be able to research AH first (so need to start with Agri or Hunting). Starting with Agri/Wheel is slightly faster, but not enough to give decisive advantage to either option

This matches my findings and, I believe, Seven's too.

Of course once we get the real save and move the scout and warrior, all of this planning will probably become totally obsolete. lol

Unless initial moves reveal something useful in the fog, I also favor 1NW over SIP. AH to get the food going, so Hunting or Agri in the starting techs is needed.

How aggressive do people like to be with chopping? Pre-math vs. post-math?

Hunting/Fishing, settling 1NW
Research: AH - Wheel - Pottery - Mining - BW
Build: Worker - Warrior - Settler

T13 - Worker done
T17 - Pig pastured
T19 - Grow to 2
T20 - Wheel done
T22 - Deer pastured
T23 - Grow to 3, Warrior done
T23-28 - Worker builds roads
T28 - Pottery done
T32 - FP cottaged, Settler done

Mining due T34, BW is due T44 (ignoring 2nd city)

As compared with Agri/Wheel start, tech towards BW is 2 turns behind and we have Fishing instead of Agri

Hunting/Fishing, settling 1NW
Research: AH - Wheel - Pottery - Mining - BW
Build: Worker - Start Warrior - Switch to Settler - Finish Warrior

T13 - Worker done. Start Warrior.
T17 - Pig pastured
T19 - Grow to 2. Switch to Settler. Pig + FP.
T20 - Wheel done.
T22 - Deer pastured.
T23-28 - Worker builds roads
T29 - Pottery done. Start cottage.
T30 - Settler done.
T31 - Warrior done.
T33 - FP cottaged.

Mining due T35.

Slow down Mining by a turn, warrior by a lot, but speeds up settler by 2 turns.

Oh, switched from FP to camped deer on T22.

How much have we experienced with sandbox after the civ choice? Is the tech path clear assuming we dont discover new resources around the capital?

"AH -> Wheel -> Pottery -> Mining -> BW" seems to be the most tested one? Do we lose many worker turns if we go BW before Wheel & Pottery? Can we compensate it with earlier workers/settler?

I'll leave tomorrow for a vacation, so I will probably miss the first couple of turns, but I look forward to seeing how everything has changed when I'm back smile

AH and Hunting first are required to enable our food resources, so they have to be first. BW first definitely doesn't compensate for lack of food

Hunting is our starting tech with Vikings. AH has to be researched first, because cow is a better food resource than deer (and 2 food resources are better than 1)

Further tech path can be changed, but I think Pottery before BW is better, because we want to start growing cottages as early as possible

Yep. smile AH first is pretty clear I guess, I was just wondering if we have already experienced with BW vs. Pottery. Of course, there is no hurry and we will get more tiles revealed before those decisions..