For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Team Organization Planning

Cheater Hater Wrote:The General Info thread looks good--thanks scooter. smile A couple of newbie questions as not to clutter the thread:

1. If it's not our turn, how much can be changed for our civ? How much of that actually matters (aka could be changed back sometime before the end of our next turn and not change anything)?

We can queue up orders, builds, techs, etc. However, none of these things actually execute unless it is our turn. The one thing I'm unsure of is diplo screen - I THINK everyone should be able to use the diplo screen regardless of whose turn it is, but I'm not actually sure on that.

[EDIT: this part was crossposted with Cyneheard]

Cheater Hater Wrote:2. On a related note, could we get the turn order in the thread, and (try to) update whether it's our turn or not?

I added a turn order. Editing the first post every single time someone's turn change is too much work though, so we'll have to stick to the main IT thread. I'm really thinking we need some sort of web-based way of determining whose turn it is. I'm thinking about how to do this the easiest way possible - I may be able to write a simple web form where a team member can push a button and it'll alert the next team in line or something. Either way, the current system is obnoxious and I'd like to improve it somehow.

Also, I edited a post in the General thread to include account information for the team email account. The final reserved post will probably be a table of contents once we have real contents to add.

Lurkers - you should badger other teams about assigning a "historian" role to their team and have them maintain a table of contents. It'll be way easier than digging through tons of threads post-game. smile

Where should "outside the game" discussion (like the current turnplaying troubles) go? I don't think it's related to Turn Discussion, and I don't think it's completely related to diplo--should it be a new thread?

Cheater Hater Wrote:Where should "outside the game" discussion (like the current turnplaying troubles) go? I don't think it's related to Turn Discussion, and I don't think it's completely related to diplo--should it be a new thread?

Probably metagaming if you're talking about stuff like the Pirate/Menagerie difficulties. Is that what you mean?