For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Poll: How should we store the master C&D File?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dropbox Excel File
55.56%
5 55.56%
Google Doc Spreadsheet
44.44%
4 44.44%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Cloak & Dagger Thread

Tech is counted when a team hits "end turn" in a sequential game. That should explain why the tech moved when it did.

Thanks for the explanation Cyneheard. Does that mean the points actually should count as coming in on the next turn, since, for example, Menagerie didn't have access to their T25 tech until 26? If so, the spreadsheet is off slightly, but I guess that doesn't make too much difference at this point...

Anyways, there hasn't been much to report with the game at a standstill, but there's still that Menagerie tech that hasn't been assigned on the spreadsheet. It took them 10 turns to finish, so that pretty much rules out all the techs that cost less than 100. At 171, BW and above is probably too expensive. That only leaves Masonry (114), so that's what I'll put them down for. I guess it makes sense that this team is going for early wonders (if LP had much influence in the general strategy before disappearing).

The only other score changes were Menagerie growing to size 3 on T27, and Caipirinha (Trolls) finally growing to size 2 on T28. No score changes yet on T29.

Just a quick update now that we have the T29 demos. They show Rival Best Soldiers going up 2k, and a total increase of 2k. This is probably a Warrior since no techs were finished this turn. I'll check later to see if we can tell who is Rival Best, so we'll know who built the Warrior.

Could the next turn player take a screenshot of the top 5 cities as well? I think it would make it easier (at least for me) to discuss what we know about the openings of the different teams. I am sure that the capital sizes have been mentioned in other posts as well but I was not sure if evereone was size 3 at the moment. Many thanks! smile

I've been updating Population in our spreadsheet. Here it is:

[Image: RBDemoGamePop.png]

Size 3:
Gillette
TEAM
Menagerie

Size 2:
Pirates
Trolls

I haven't been updating the Power tab, though, since that one is really complicated. However, I would bet either Trolls or TEAM have Rival Best Power, since they have 10 and 8k soldiers, respectively, from techs alone. I'm guessing Trolls built the T29 Warrior, since they also grew recently, so that makes sense.

Thanks! I guess I should start downloading spreadsheets before I ask more. Nevertheless, have you written somewhere when capitals have grown, because then you can speculate with the amount of workers and settlers already built?

Of course that is not so important since right now optimizing our own growth is what mainly affects our decisions and I have seen at least some speculation about the build orders already here.

T0:
Gillette Settle
TEAM Settle
Pirates Settle
Trolls Settle

T1:
Menagerie Settles

T17:
Menagerie Size 2

T18:
Occam's Razor (Gillette) Size 2
Pirates Size 2

T19:
TEAM Size 2

T23:
TEAM Size 3

T24:
Occam's Razor Size 3

T27:
Menagerie Size 3

T28:
Caipirinha (Trolls) Size 2

Does that mean that Trolls started with 2 workers or even with settler first?

What do we believe that Menagerie did between turns 17 & 27? Second worker and simply decided to grow later than we did?

Trolls almost certainly did a double-Worker opening. Then they grew to size 2 on T28, discovered BW, finished their Warrior on T29, and can now chop out a Settler.

Menagerie probably built a second Worker at size 2 and grew to size 3 between T17 & T27. They're probably building their Settler now. We have their graphs so we can keep a very close eye on them if we want to.

We'll be able to tell when someone settles city #2 in the demos, so we won't miss it. At least, I'll try not to miss it.

Another quick update.

Menagerie grew to size 4 on T29. We know their cap grew and they didn't settle a second city because Population went up 27k, which is size 3 (21k) going to size 4 (48k).

Trolls completed a Tech on T29. It took them 7 turns to complete. Total soldiers went up 13k this turn. That's 1k from Pop and 12k from techs and units/buildings. Since Trolls already got BW as their first tech, I'll put them down for TW this time, for 4k soldiers. That leaves 8k soldiers, so I guess every other team got a Warrior out this turn. I guess I was wrong in my last post about teams building settlers.

Menagerie got another Tech on T30. This only took them 5 turns to complete. Maybe Fishing or Myst? If they got Fishing, maybe their plan is to settle that stone on the coast we can see and build TGL?