Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Poll: How should we store the master C&D File?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dropbox Excel File
55.56%
5 55.56%
Google Doc Spreadsheet
44.44%
4 44.44%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Cloak & Dagger Thread

Thanks, Cyneheard! I am still learning how to do C&D, and I am looking forward to participating in this effort and improving my C&D skills.

I can't do C&D at all, so i'll be interested to learn from this.

I voted Excel. However, i'm not part of the C&D team so feel free to ignore that vote if you wish. Terrific work Cyneheard- very glad we're on the same team.

Kyan Wrote:I voted Excel. However, i'm not part of the C&D team so feel free to ignore that vote if you wish. Terrific work Cyneheard- very glad we're on the same team.

Even people who aren't generating data might want to use the data. So if you'd rather read an Excel doc than a GoogleDoc, you care. And for non-editors, the C&D link is all you'll ever need to just read the file.

I'm going to keep on filling in posts, and I'll make sure I post at the end when I'm done with at least first drafts of everything. If people want more information about something, or I'm not clear on a point, speak up.

I'm going to call that a round of first drafts. Steal Treasury is worth investigating, but it's not something that needs to be solved right this second. Let me know if something isn't clear.

T0 demographics before anyone has done anything:

[Image: t0_demos.JPG]

Probably not useful, but Cyneheard suggested taking it anyways. Also, land/point/pop score info:

[Image: t0_land_totals.JPG]

TEAM played first and finished turn. They settled on T0:

[Image: t0_teamsettle_demos.JPG]

9 land tiles, so no water. Also, they are getting a 5/1 yield, which suggests they settled 1NW and are working the Floodplains tile.

scooter Wrote:TEAM played first and finished turn. They settled on T0:

9 land tiles, so no water. Also, they are getting a 5/1 yield, which suggests they settled 1NW and are working the Floodplains tile.

huh I don't recall seeing that starts were mirrored. They could have a riverside food source rather than a flood plain.

haphazard1 Wrote:huh I don't recall seeing that starts were mirrored. They could have a riverside food source rather than a flood plain.

Good point - I'm not actually sure. However, Commodore did basically dismiss questions asking if start positions were balanced with turn order in mind, which would suggest they are balanced closely. I think based on that, the starts are still likely to be mirrored. That'd be my guess anyways.

shadyforce Wrote:Team Menagerie must had decided their city spot before exploring and found nothing in the fog to change their mind. The starts can't be mirrored, if so.

I wanted to bring this comment into the C&D thread since I think it's relevant here. My assumption at this point is we are probably not looking at mirrored starts.

Also, just to make myself feel useful, here are the calculations based on the land and pop score numbers (I'm just copying Cyneheard's equations with the numbers for our game plugged in, so thanks goes to him):

Each Population point is worth 5000 / 1281 = 3.90 points

Each Land tile is worth 2000 / 1300 = 1.54 points