I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Poll: How should we store the master C&D File?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dropbox Excel File
55.56%
5 55.56%
Google Doc Spreadsheet
44.44%
4 44.44%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Cloak & Dagger Thread

Is it possible that they researched something else, and the 2K power increase was unrelated? A unit build or whatever. Also, how do we know the power increase was Team Pirate?

I am also far from an expert on C&D. But if I can find some time in the next couple days, I will try to look through the demos and score from the screenshots and see if anything pops out at me.

YossarianLives Wrote:Team Pirate got a tech on T10, along with a 2k power increase. That means they researched one of the following: AH (143 cost), Hunting (57), Mining (71) or Sailing (143). They started with Fishing and Agri. If they were researching Hunting or Mining, they would have gotten it earlier. AH makes a lot more sense than Sailing, especially if they also have a AH food resource nearby like we do. To me, they must have researched AH.

Aren't they Inca? If they are, they started with Agri/Myst, and couldn't research Sailing

In any case, AH seems right. They're not Exp, so I would expect them to work a flood plains tile. This gives them

8 (palace) + 1 (city tile) + 1 (worked tile) + 1 (free beaker) = 11 bpt
11 + 20% pre-req bonus = 13 bpt
143 beakers for AH / 13 bpt = 11 turns
11 turns to research AH, including T0 -> finished on T10

It definitely could have been a different tech, and the power increase was unrelated. However, that would make much less sense. The power increase could not have been from a pop increase, so it would need to have come from a unit or building. Barracks give 3k soldiers, so that's not it. A wall would have done it, but requires masonry. As for units, it could have been a warrior or a galley, but it seems odd for a warrior to come out on T10 (if someone was working less than 2 hammers, they should have been working enough food to have grown by now), and even more odd for a galley. To me, it looks very much like it must have been Animal Husbandry.

Do Inca start with Agri/Myst? I used Cyneheard's Excel spreadsheet, which shows them starting with Agri/Fishing, so maybe someone should change that (I never requested permission to revise the spreadsheet)

As far as the demos, a couple things stuck out to me. Rival Worst Land is 20000, so no one has more than one water tile in their BFC. Probably nobody has a coastal capital. Rival Best GNP is 21, which seems pretty high at this point. I'm not sure if anyone could be working a 3 coin tile this early, but I don't know how else to get GNP that high.

Maximum theoretically possible GNP currently is 23, if TEAM was researching AH. They have both Agri and Hunting, that's 40% pre-req bonus. Thus:

11bpt + 40% = 15bpt
4 espionage per turn
2 culture per turn from palace
2 culture per turn from Cre

21 can be a non-Cre leader with 40% pre-req bonus, or a Cre leader with 20% pre-req bonus

Thanks for the explanation Yuris! I think I was thrown off because we were only getting 18 GNP while researching a tech with a pre-req, so 21 GNP just seemed high to me. I guess that's because we weren't working any commerce tiles, though.

Rival Best GNP is actually up to 22 now. Any idea what that is most likely from? It could be (Cre) TEAM researching AH (40% pre-req bonus) and not working any Commerce tiles. Otherwise, a non-Cre team would need to get up to 16bpt to get that GNP, which I believe would require working a 2-commerce tile and researching a tech with a 40% pre-req bonus. Is this even possible right now?

Edit: Since TEAM already researched Hunting, I'd say it's very likely they have a nearby Deer tile, which is a pretty strong tile to work (3 food, 1 hammer), but does not come with commerce. That makes sense with the Rival Best GNP number, right?

Hmm, on the latest T12 demos, Rival Best GNP has gone up again to 24, surpassing even the theoretical max that Yuris posted! No one has gotten a pop increase, so it must be from the commerce output of a single citizen. Any ideas?

YossarianLives Wrote:Do Inca start with Agri/Myst? I used Cyneheard's Excel spreadsheet, which shows them starting with Agri/Fishing, so maybe someone should change that (I never requested permission to revise the spreadsheet)

No one has, and I've been really bad about dealing with it/being around. Fixed, but I haven't done anything since T6. Can someone summarize what all's been going on? We've got a score + power increase, and a GNP mystery. Anything else?

And Yuris: Are you accounting for the free beaker? It's hard for me to tell in your calculation.

Cyneheard Wrote:No one has, and I've been really bad about dealing with it/being around. Fixed, but I haven't done anything since T6. Can someone summarize what all's been going on? We've got a score + power increase, and a GNP mystery. Anything else?

And Yuris: Are you accounting for the free beaker? It's hard for me to tell in your calculation.

I can help with updating the spreadsheet if you want. My email is vhinderl at gmail dot com.

That's pretty much everything going on in the C&D department. T10 saw the Pirates get 6 points and overall soldier count go up 2k. Taking a look at the demos, it seems that teams are focusing on food. Rival Worst has been 4 food since T3, compared to our 2 food. The GNP has been high at 21 for most of the game, and just jumped up to 24 this turn.

Yuris has been counting the free beaker in his numbers (emphasis added):

yuris125 Wrote:8 (palace) + 1 (city tile) + 1 (worked tile) + 1 (free beaker) = 11 bpt
11 + 20% pre-req bonus = 13 bpt
143 beakers for AH / 13 bpt = 11 turns
11 turns to research AH, including T0 -> finished on T10

Ok, sent.

My C&D usually doesn't bother with rival food that closely, it's such a pain and for very little benefit if it's not completely meticulous.

I saw the top cities posted earlier (too lazy to log in and check the updated numbers) and noticed everyone was still at size 1--is it possible for anyone to grow yet, or does it mean everyone's working on a worker (or settler)?