I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Poll: How should we store the master C&D File?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dropbox Excel File
55.56%
5 55.56%
Google Doc Spreadsheet
44.44%
4 44.44%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Cloak & Dagger Thread

Cheater Hater Wrote:I saw the top cities posted earlier (too lazy to log in and check the updated numbers) and noticed everyone was still at size 1--is it possible for anyone to grow yet, or does it mean everyone's working on a worker (or settler)?

Earliest growth for normal cities is T8. But worker first is so standard here that I can't believe anyone did anything different.

For the 24 GNP - does anyone start with Fishing that might have gone WB first and is now working a seafood tile?

a WB start would've grown by now. looking at the demos, everyone is at size 1 so far

However, 24 gpt can come from working the coast (or another 2-commerce tile)

I doubt anyone is working a seafood tile, since Rival Worst Land is 20,000, meaning no one can have more than one water tile in their BFC. Unless I'm missing something, it would be impossible for anyone to have settled on the coast, or they'd have more water tiles once their borders popped. Maybe someone is working a lake?

Could the high GNP be from meeting another team that already researched the tech? Is it safe to assume that it must be TEAM with the high GNP, since they are the only Cre team?

Hey, I just had a thought. Is it possible a team is logging in and changing the tile worked just to throw us off? I'm not sure you can do that with sequential turns, but I really don't see how it would make sense to work a 2-commerce tile at this point...

Yes, it is possible to change worked tiles outside of your turn. I doubt anyone's doing it though, GNP this early in the game is a relatively minor point. Also, everyone is at 5 CY, so they would have to work a fresh water seafood - possible, but unlikely

Good point about known tech bonus. You get +7.5% for every met civ with the tech you're researching. 7.5% of 11 (base beakers) is 0.825, so known tech bonus from one civ wouldn't be worth an extra beakers. But we met two other civs, there's not reason why TEAM couldn't do the same. And if they're researching AH, it's very possible other teams already have it, giving TEAM the bonus beaker

And yes, I think it's safe to assume that it's TEAM with the highest GNP - I don't see a way for a non-creative team to get to 24 GNP at 1 pop

yuris125 Wrote:Good point about known tech bonus. You get +7.5% for every met civ with the tech you're researching. 7.5% of 11 (base beakers) is 0.825, so known tech bonus from one civ wouldn't be worth an extra beakers. But we met two other civs, there's not reason why TEAM couldn't do the same. And if they're researching AH, it's very possible other teams already have it, giving TEAM the bonus beaker

And yes, I think it's safe to assume that it's TEAM with the highest GNP - I don't see a way for a non-creative team to get to 24 GNP at 1 pop

Ah, I've got it. Known tech bonus is actually combined with prereq bonus which gives...

11 * 1.47 (it's rounded to 2 decimal places, so 1 team -> 7%, not 7.5%, I think) = 16.17. They only have to know one team with AH to get 24 GNP.

Brilliant! Everything is falling into place. This means they must have met the Pirates, since they are the only ones (besides us and TEAM) that have researched a tech. This also confirms that Team Pirate must have researched AH, in order to give TEAM the Known Tech Bonus.

This C&D stuff is starting to get fun. smile

Looks like the Trolls have picked up their first tech. Considering how long it took them, does Agri sound reasonable?

With research taking so long, I would expect BW. Which makes a lot of sense with Mining and Fast Workers