I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Poll: How should we store the master C&D File?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dropbox Excel File
55.56%
5 55.56%
Google Doc Spreadsheet
44.44%
4 44.44%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Cloak & Dagger Thread

yuris125 Wrote:With research taking so long, I would expect BW. Which makes a lot of sense with Mining and Fast Workers

Um, what's the power look like now? I see T13 but not T14.

Well, that's because we didn't play T14 yet smile

T14 power
Rival max: 12000
Rival average: 7500
Rival min: 4000

Then yes, BW was researched. Rival Best was previously 8000, and BW comes with a 4k power increase.

YossarianLives Wrote:Then yes, BW was researched. Rival Best was previously 8000, and BW comes with a 4k power increase.

BW is 8K actually

You're right, I'm sorry about that. Pirates would have started with 4k (2k for the warrior and 2k for mining), so BW still fits.

YossarianLives Wrote:You're right, I'm sorry about that. Pirates would have started with 4k (2k for the warrior and 2k for mining), so BW still fits.

A scout has no power? Interesting.
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

Merovech Wrote:A scout has no power? Interesting.

Correct. For one thing, a scout can't attack anything.

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/strategy...aphics.php

That is the seminal thread on (at least the basics of) this kind of stuff

We have got a couple more score increases. Menagerie got their first tech and went up to 36 last turn, and just now TEAM has gotten their second tech and jumped up in score to 42.

So, regarding those techs...

It looks like Rival Average Soldiers went up by 500 on T14, and another 500 on T15, which is a 2k total increase on each turn. Technically, these could be warrior builds, but it makes more sense that they came with the two techs that were researched.

TEAM is the easier of the two, since we had previously predicted they were researching AH, working a tile with 1 commerce, and getting the Known Tech bonus from the Pirates. This gave them 16 commerce / turn applied towards AH, and it took them 10 turns to get it, so this makes sense.

So next on to Menagerie, who got their first tech on T14 with a 2k soldier increase. It seems that this must be AH too, right? If they weren't getting the Known Tech bonus or working any commerce tiles, then 14 turns seems to fit. Also, AH seems to be a popular choice for a lot of teams. For these reasons, I am pegging AH on them too.

I'm probably forgetting something though, so please I hope others will weigh in, too!