I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Gillette Turn Discussion

mackoti Wrote:You right scooter.

Indeed. I assume this is worrying you too? :neenernee

In other news, apologies I'm not that much involved at the moment. Stuff like scouting moves aren't really my thing. Set me a micro challenge or 'important' stuff like tech and i'll be as involved as possible.

Alright, we're up. Sounds like Warrior NW and Scout NW-NE. I'm not available to play for about 4 hours though. Anyone able to do the honors?

Played.dont have time to post screenshots, but found a sugar with warriour.

Ok, looking at the pictures, Warrior NW is a no-brainer unless we're wanting to circle back to the capital. Scout should probably go N first, then either NE or E. Going onto the forest first is wasteful, so if we're really wanting to circle back east it's still worthwhile to go 1N first. N-NE is probably best for the scout I think. Thoughts?

I think we can do a little more scouting of the coast with our warrior, but he probably needs to get back over to Occam's Razor at some point soon.

I like N-NE for the scout.

scooter Wrote:Ok, looking at the pictures, Warrior NW is a no-brainer unless we're wanting to circle back to the capital. Scout should probably go N first, then either NE or E. Going onto the forest first is wasteful, so if we're really wanting to circle back east it's still worthwhile to go 1N first. N-NE is probably best for the scout I think. Thoughts?

Agree with both

I agree with warrior NW, although I think we are nearing the limits of useful scouting by him unless we intend to send him out permanently into the black. Scout N and then NE sounds good to me, but we certainly need to be looking for ways to move east without going too much further north.

That little line of mountains is interesting. Possible local choke point for future defense?

Looking at the minimap, it seems we won't have to go too much further north before we can just turn east and still hit the inner sea of the donut.

Warrior continues going NW? Do we want to bring him home? I'm guessing no as we'll surely build another warrior at some point soon.

Scout seems to be stuck on the forest. I think NE is the first move, then either E or NE again. NE-NE uncovers more land and doesn't end on a forest. NE-E potentially gets us east faster because at some point we may have to bite the bullet and move just 1 tile to get through this forest. I still like the idea of going NE-NE and riding it out though, since moving NE 4 times and then SE 4 times is essentially equivalent to moving E 8 times.

I'd like Scout NE-E (edit: E-NE seems better), and start looking for a chance to bring him south. There is a big chunk of unscouted land north of the capital, which the Scout won't uncover if he continues NE

Warrior continues NW I think