Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Gillette Turn Discussion

We're up. In all the chaos about the gold we forgot to discuss scouting movements lol. The only one that's debatable really is the scout:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0044%20%282%29.JPG]

I actually think S-SE is kind of pointless. I think either E or SE has to be it. At this point I'm thinking SE. Any objections to doing that? If no objections soon, I can login and make the moves.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0045%20%282%29.JPG]

This will be NW I'm sure.

I went ahead and played. Didn't hear any objections, and I figured no sense in holding things up over a trivial scout move.

scooter Wrote:[Image: t9_warrior.JPG]

Nice to see some stone. N probably needs to be the move here.

scooter Wrote:[Image: t9_scout.JPG]

E-something. E-E or N-NE seem like the best at first glance.

Hmm, some nice city sites. I don't think the scout can move N-NE lol. I like E-E.
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

Interesting reveals. Whales plus stone to the west, and sheep and plenty of hills to the north. Still plenty of time to think about dot maps, but if we want to claim the gold without going too far from the capital then 1W of the sheep could be interesting.

For next turn, N with the warrior. (As always this assumes we don't want to bring him home.) I like E-E with the scout. E-NE looks like it would trap us for the next move, and 3E1S of the current position looks to be non-forested so we can start moving SE and reveal land on that side of our capital. I think this will be more useful than more knowledge to the north which we will not be considering for settling for some time (if ever given Menagerie's presence).

Yes, Scout E-E seems best

N for the warrior, E-E for the scout (to see what's out there).

I'd personally feel better bringing the warrior home now. NE would reveal the same tile as N.

E-E for the scout sounds good.

Turn played didnt took ay screenshots.

But without screenshots, what are we supposed to blather on about? lol

I went in and grabbed the screenshots, posted in the other thread. Nothing much revealed this time. I like scout SE-SE, and warrior NW unless we want to bring him home.

Where is our C&D department? A second team has bumped score up to 36, presumably a tech. And we have these demographics shots to examine and [STRIKE]make stuff up about[/STRIKE] analyze.

Things are about to get more interesting, as we will finish AH next turn and the worker the turn after. What do we want to research after AH? I am assuming we will build a warrior after the worker so we can grow and keep the starting warrior exploring?

I think Pottery next, we do want cottages up as early as possible. Build Warrior next, yes