I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Gillette Turn Discussion

SevenSpirits Wrote:[Image: pd1t1_2.jpg]
Couple nice city options there. smile

[Image: pd1t1_3.jpg]

Are we taking demo shots? If so, here you go. At our t1:
[Image: pd1t1_1.jpg]

Let's get our act together for next turn. Warrior SW is obvious. Scout goes NW-something.

We should get at least a couple approved turnplayers.

The only thing to do in the next few turns other than scouting is select a tech and switch to the 3h tile after borders pop, so we shouldn't be sweating this too much.

P.S. Regarding tech selection, we could get a free beaker. :neenernee However it would be quickly lost to rounding. frown

t0: 11 overflow beakers
t1-4: ditto
t5: select AH. 55 overflow beakers go into it, x1.2 is 66. Then add 12 for the turn, only that because we switched to the plains forest hill t5, so 78. Whereas if we'd just straight-up researched it we would only get 77: 13 per turn * 5, + 12.

Unfortunately the extra beaker just means we get 7 overflow beakers out of AH, which rounds down to 5 just like 6 does. I tried at least. lol

Interesting, very interesting.

How about NW-NW for the scout? The tile N from there on looks like a hill again (2W from the cow), and would give us a better idea of the river cow area.

Alternatively, the tile 2W of the corn is a forested hill, so maybe making a forking move such as NW-W and deciding where to go from there on would be appropriate.

I'm willing to be a backup turn player so we can keep these early turns moving.

Ambivalent on second scout move. Obviously NW is first, but I could see NW or SW after.

Keep in mind the warrior will be able to scout some nearby too. So I'm more inclined to move the scout farther north, than back south.

I like NW-NW for the scout, to reveal more around the cow. SW for the warrior is the obvious choice.

Ivory, very nice. smile And some more corn, also nice. Tons of cottages could fill that area to the west, as even without a river it would develop very nicely. It is probably not first or even second choice for settlement, but soon enough we will want a city there.

Depending on what gets revealed to the SE and further SW, right where the warrior is standing could be a strong city and maybe a Moai location. Two seafood, three hills for hammers, a good number of water tiles all coastal for FIN commerce...could be pretty nice. We may end up wanting the fish for a city to the east, though. Will have to wait and see.

Ok yeah I say NW-NW.

I like NW-NW, then start moving east, I'd like to know what's to the east from us

yuris125 Wrote:I like NW-NW, then start moving east, I'd like to know what's to the east from us

This is a good idea. With the warrior following the coastline SW-ish, the scout can circle the capital and reveal the nearby north and east in case there is something really tempting there for our second city. Sending the scout into the black to find our rivals is another option, but I would like to have at least our first ring region revealed before doing that.