I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Gillette Diplomacy Thread: Dossiers, Scheming, and Puppet Strings

YossarianLives Wrote:Yeah that was me, sorry. I tried once and was asked to provide a phone number, and thought maybe it was because I was using a tablet. Then I tried from my work computer and got the same thing. I figured we might have gotten a reply from one of the teams, so I wanted to check.

Oh no you're fine, it's meant for everyone to be able to login. I'm just trying to think of how to avoid this problem happening again. I'll check and see if maybe I can find a security setting to turn off.

Quick heads-up on the email login thing. I found a REALLY easy way to login to the Gillette email whenever you want. You can grant delegate access to any email account you want, which gives you full read/send email access and everything. So for me, I granted access to my email account and it looks like this in my inbox:

[Image: email.png]

All I have to do there is click on the "rb gillette" email and it would launch it in a new tab. Super handy and you don't have to bother remembering the email password at all or log out of your primary email. Anyone interested in this? If so, give me your email address and I'll grant you access as well.

I only ever check my personal email from my cell, so I don't know how this would work on a phone.

Also, I just tried signing into the email account again, and got the security question again. Sorry about that! I was wrong earlier, it is asking for the back-up email address, not for a phone number. However, reading your post, I think I might know what the answer to the security question is now...

At any rate, I'm really not trying to join the Diplo corps, but I can check our email account obsessively to make sure we don't miss any messages.

Darrell sent us this response:

Trolls Wrote:I'm tempted to spam 100 e-mails to see just how many tropical troll permutations you have smile.

We agree that cooperation is key in these games, and feel your team is made up of honorable folks. Did you have something more concrete in mind, or just a generic "let's hold hands and sing Kumbayah"? Have you had friendly relations with the other team you've met?
Despite settling a turn later Menagerie seems to have built both a Worker & a Warrior at least as fast if not faster than the rest of us - seems they got a good capital site, perhaps even a plains hill city & a 4 yield tile in the BFC.

Regards,
Darrell
Tropical Trolls

Do we have anything concrete in mind?

Also, I have so many more permutations. smile
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

Hmm, not sure. Not much to be said at this point... Maybe just the generics for now - try for an EP agreement, a notification on meeting people agreement, etc. Something like that?

Draft:

Quote:Hello Jamaican Jötnar,

Do not worry, I have many more permutations for you to enjoy!

At the present, we have only a few concrete ideas in mind for cooperation, although we are sure more will appear in the near future. For now, perhaps we could agree to balance our EP spending and inform each other when we meet the remaining teams in this game?

Hmm, we do wonder somewhat about Team Menagerie-they've grown to size three fairly quickly as well. Definitely, we will keep a few eyes on them.

Merovech

Team Gillette
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

Merovech, I just mentioned this in the C&D thread, but Mengarie is still at size 2, not 3 quite yet (but they'll probably hit size 3 very soon since they got their worker out first and grew first).

Why not offer the Trolls a short-term NAP, maybe to T50? Surely we have no plans on attacking anyone before then, and it might help build up trust. I'm not saying we should offer it in the next email exchange, but since they do seem to be looking for ways to cooperate with us, I don't see what the harm would be.

Ooh, good thing I haven't sent the message yet! Thanks!

I'm going to send it soon baring any more comments, replacing the part about growing to size 3 with "they seem to be growing well, in addition."