I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Latest Turn Screenshots

Warrior scouting:

[Image: t42_warrior.JPG]

Do we have copper?

[Image: t42_overview.JPG]

Err... Oh look, I was right!

[Image: t42_southcopper.JPG]

Discuss. I'll be back in an hour or so.

[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5826112/RBDemo1/t42_demos.JPG[/igm]

Played t43 according to plan. I realize that plan does not include tech yet, so I set it to 0% on agriculture. It seems we'd either want that or to go for a religion. I don't think the latter is very likely to work since we had cheap and non-useful starting techs.

Actually we have 2 coppers that are "ours". Here's the other.
[Image: pd1t43_3.jpg]

Trolls' inland copper is in a great spot. This is where they settled. We can tell from mouseover that sheep and copper are already improved. The cow isn't yet.
[Image: pd1t43_2.jpg]

Demos:
[Image: pd1t43_1.jpg]

T44 played. I did accidentally move a warrior instead of a worker first - so I didn't mean for this warrior to be here, but regardless I chopped as planned:

[Image: t44_chop.JPG]

Granary complete EoT:

[Image: t44_occam.JPG]

Blades of Glory grew onto the deer:

[Image: t44_bog.JPG]

Somebody built Henge:

[Image: t44_henge.JPG]

Based on points change that's [strike]pretty clearly TEAM. Huh, wonder if Menagerie blew it or what? Weird.[/strike]... actually that could be a few teams - I think land points are screwing with the scores this turn. Next time I login I'll check the top-5 cities screen to see who got it. Our scouting warrior spies Marble:

[Image: t44_scout.JPG]

Like freaking everything on this map, it's difficult to reach tongue. Demos:

[Image: t44_demos.JPG]

I'm pretty convinced on skipping religion; however, since we don't immediately need Agriculture in the next few turns I ran one more turn at 0%. We need to have a chat now about our plans with our new knowledge of copper. That's today's job.

T45 Update:

[Image: t45_overview.JPG]

Workers following the plan. Inside our cities:

[Image: t45_occam.JPG]

Growing to sz6 right now. Blades of Glory:

[Image: t45_bog.JPG]

What to build here next is actually our next decision. Would like to hear input. I have a couple ideas, but I'm going to try to sim a little first. Demos:

[Image: t45_demos.JPG]

Occam:

[Image: t46_occam.JPG]

Things going as planned here. BoG:

[Image: t46_bog.JPG]

Hmm, somehow spreadsheet is off by 1T - it expected gold mine to finish this turn. The worker turns there will need to be adjusted. Demos:

[Image: t46_demos.JPG]

Scouting warrior kept heading to try to meet Pirates, missed a screenshot somehow, sorry about that.

Occam:

[Image: t47_occam.JPG]

At EoT it grew to sz5 and I assigned it to work the tile that will get a cottage complete next turn so that we don't forget. Blades of Glory:

[Image: t47_bog.JPG]

Lined up nicely. Worker once these complete. Demos:

[Image: t47_demos.JPG]

The food boost is largely because we're the only ones with a big capital right now:

[Image: t47_topcities.JPG]

We need to pick a tech next turn, so let's talk power graph:

[Image: t47_power.JPG]

I'm wondering if I should advocate archery again, it does look like Menagerie built 2 copper-based units, and we can only hope that was for Pirates. We do have to pick a new tech after next turn, so it's time to think on that. Options are basically Archery (defense), Mysticism (Monuments), or the Writing path. I'd vote for Not Mysticism at the least, as we don't need the border pops quite yet given our next city will have 3 resources all in the first ring. Food/MFG graphs:

[Image: t47_food.JPG]
[Image: t47_mfg.JPG]

Okay, exploring warrior finding some interesting things:

[Image: t48_warr_explore.JPG]

This further cements to me that we don't want to give up all this access. I wonder if that's somebody's horses..? Seems unlikely. Anyways, Occam:

[Image: t48_occam.JPG]

Now at size 5 as planned working several cottages. Our science rate is very good right now, and hopefully as we add more cottages here, Occam can strongly support as us we expand. BoG:

[Image: t48_bog.JPG]

Also set to grow and finish a warrior at the same time. It'll start a worker @ sz3 and give us another nice commerce boost. One minor thing - I screwed up the worker planning here - I planned the worker as taking 2 turns to road the gold and not 3. I really had quick speed on the mind apparently when I was planning on this city rolleye. Not a big deal, but I'll adjust it. Agriculture in at EoT, so we need to talk techs. Our options:

[Image: t48_techs.JPG]

I'd like to vote Archery because:

[Image: t48_power.JPG]

Yeah apparently Menagerie built some real units. I'm hoping that 2 warriors and 2 pop growths all in one turn will give us the illusion of also having built something real. Surely Menagerie knows enough about our geography though to know we couldn't have hooked copper yet though, so I'm not sure how much that's worth. So yeah, a quick, 3T detour to Archery is wise IMO. Demos:

[Image: t48_demos.JPG]

I believe #1 is Menagerie with their Henge culture, so we're doing pretty well here, especially since we likely have less culture than anyone right now with nothing but standard palace stuff. This is why I think we can and should afford 3T on Archery. Would like to hear opinions on this.

Scouting:

[Image: t49_scouting.JPG]

Troll scout running around. I may send them a message tomorrow morning asking if they can direct us to Pirates from there. Occam and Blades of Glory growing and completing warriors:

[Image: t49_occam.JPG]

[Image: t49_bog.JPG]

Hit enter and it looks like this:

[Image: t49_overview.JPG]

Cool research bar huh? We may actually finish Archery next turn because the road will connect the gold next turn, letting Occam work that extra cottage (that is also completing next turn)... Demos look like this:

[Image: t49_demos.JPG]

Considering the food and GNP are actually going to be a little bit higher once the worker turns are factored in, those demos look pretty sweet. smile

T50 is in, and things are looking up assuming we don't die. Gold was connected, here's the result in Occam:

[Image: t50_occam.JPG]

Yes, that extra cottage got us an extra 3 beakers which pushed archery to 1T. However, we revolt to slavery this turn (we're proceeding with microplan B involving a forest chop + triple whip of Occam). Worker is going ahead with the move to start chopping next turn:

[Image: t50_worker_forest.JPG]

If anybody has a "C" name, now would be a good time to suggest such a thing. Anyways, he starts chopping next turn, and he's joined by A. They both complete the forest on T52, T53 we triple-whip the settler to completion. That's if I didn't screw up the numbers. I moved the extra warrior to be closer to BoG to be safe:

[Image: t50_warrior.JPG]

We get much less warning there due to less culture, so it seems more useful there. Revolted to slavery:

[Image: t50_slavery.JPG]

After hitting enter, the graphs look very pretty:

[Image: t50_demos.JPG]

Academy soonish would be good for us. Menagerie building real units:

[Image: t50_power.JPG]

RIP Pirates? I still want to slip in an archer at some point because I'm paranoid like that, but I think we're safe.

Our micro plan had a miscalculation in it (I believe, forgetting that whips are 30h/pop on normal instead of 20h), so I re-did the micro plan for the next few turns. Obviously, getting extra hammers is in our favor, so things look even rosier than we thought! smile

[Image: pd1t51_3.jpg]
OR is putting only a single turn of production into the settler and will whip it next turn, t52. Since we already have a worker on a forest here, he's going to chop it and this chop plus the overflow will result in a 2t worker after the settler. Then we'll re-grow to 6. It's a little bit inefficient since we stay at size 3 a bit longer than necessary, but it'll do. We are way ahead of the other teams in commerce right now anyway.

[Image: pd1t51_2.jpg]
Here you can see the rest of the plan. (I turned off resource bubbles on purpose, to show the signs.) I moved Bacon (the worker from the cottage at OR) to the plains hill, mining for a turn on his way west, rather than moving him onto the forest with Confucius, since speeding up the chop is not important here. Next he will join Aristotle to finish the roaded chop by BoG, then t53 they will both move onto the ivory and road it. t54, the settler move from NE of the ivory to the city site and founds it, upon which A and B can move onto the wheat and start farming.

Meanwhile, BoG will have produced a 3t worker with the help of that chop, and this new worker (D) will camp the ivory for 1t on t54, and put the 5th turn into the wheat farm on t55, allowing city3* to start working a 5f tile on its second turn of life.

I haven't figured out yet whether we should chop or whip the granary, but we don't have to do anything for that in the next few turns anyway.

I haven't fully updated the micro spreadsheet yet, but I will do that later today.

Here are demos:
[Image: pd1t51_1.jpg]

* Let's decide on a name, eh?