I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Latest Turn Screenshots

Apologies, forgot to post this earlier today when I played it.

This was a boring turn. I therefore present our scouting warrior and some stats.

[Image: pd1t52_3.jpg]

[Image: pd1t52_2.jpg]

[Image: pd1t52_1.jpg]

Yeah, that GNP is AFTER whipping away three FIN cottages, and while teching Mysticism. Assuming neither religion has landed when we finish it, do you guys think we should go for meditation or poly?

Ok, here we are. Smooth Criminals will be settled next turn.

[Image: t53_smooth_criminal.JPG]

Exciting! This city will start very fast thanks to our work force. Occam finished the settler, and combining overflow with a worker chop gets us a very quick 2T worker:

[Image: t53_occam_fastworker.JPG]

Once the worker completes, we'll build an archer which should finish right as we hit sz7, which we'll be able to do with whip anger wearing off and ivory coming online. I think the plan is to do another settler at sz7. Blades of Glory is also on worker duty:

[Image: t53_bog_worker.JPG]

Demos look good considering we're down 3 pop in the capital and haven't settled that 3rd city yet:

[Image: t53_demos.JPG]

GNP graph gives you a look at the kind of GNP we whipped away:

[Image: t53_gnp.JPG]

The daily check to pray and hope Menagerie doesn't pull a fast one:

[Image: t53_power.JPG]

Good news is we can get a quick archer at BoG at the drop of a hat. One turn into it and whip, and we have enough advanced warning to be able to do that.

Big turn! We finally meet Pirates:

[Image: t54_meet_pirates.JPG]

Quickly verified their war with Menagerie:

[Image: t54_wars.JPG]

Makes sense though as you can see it looks like they stole Menagerie's gold. Also, why in the WORLD did they settle the city so as to just miss the gold? Seriously, look up at that picture. What in the world. smokesmoke

They have 3 cities total:

[Image: t54_pirates_cities.JPG]

And now.... so do we!

[Image: t54_settled_smooth.JPG]

The microplan here is nice. We started the farm (2/5) with A and B, and then the freshly created D comes from BoG and sinks a turn into the ivory, only to finish the Wheat next turn. So we only spend one turn on unimproved tiles for Smooth Criminal. A glance inside:

[Image: t54_smooth_criminal.JPG]

I'm going with Meditation for Buddhism next turn if nobody objects before then. However, it'll take us 4 turns to tech it, so we need 1 turn of 0% science... So in theory we can wait a turn to decide. But realistically, if you want to argue for Polytheism you don't have much time smile. Demos taken at break-even with Meditation selected just for comparison purposes (I then de-selected and set at 0%):

[Image: t54_demos.JPG]

Considering we're temporarily down 3 river FIN cottages and likely have the least culture of anyone.... We're doing pretty nicely.

Alright, I logged in and saw the Pirate border had disappeared. Sure enough:

[Image: t55_menagerie_capture.JPG]

I'm using our warrior for Smooth Criminal to uncover a little bit of fog while we have the flexibility to do so:

[Image: t55_southwarr.JPG]

FInally, Occam's Razor is now recovering from the whip by pushing growth. Archer will complete right as we hit sz7 (ivory + whip anger going away will support this), at which point it'll be time for more of an expansion push.

[Image: t55_or.JPG]

I somehow missed the demo shot, sorry about that. Anyways, not much else of note here, quiet turn. Smooth Criminal is now working the farmed Wheat as planned.

Ok played the new turn. Menagerie/Pirates party:

[Image: t56_warr.JPG]

Ok, it looks like the way to go is going to be following a road towards either Pirates or Menagerie, that'll let our warrior move much faster. You guys got a preference on where to send him?

[Image: t56_overview.JPG]

Nice overview of our lands - OR is regrowing. The bad news:

[Image: t56_peace.JPG]

From reading Civstats, looks like TEAM surrendered a small city for peace. Wow. TEAM really has screwed up their start to the game. Guess that's not very surprising given their roster of players. Demos:

[Image: t56_demos.JPG]

Well I really thought I took more pictures of this turn, but only two have showed up. Sorry about that. Warrior scouting at home:

[Image: t57_warrwest.JPG]

We now have a trade connection with Menagerie. Writing for OB and trade routes would be good.

[Image: t57_trade_connect.JPG]

Turn 58:

Overview:

[Image: T58Overview.png]

Scouting:

[Image: T58M3.png]
[Image: T58Horses.png]

Buddhism discovered EOT:

[Image: T59Buddhism.png]

So I didn't read the micro for Occam properly and it'll grow next turn not this one. Occam will start a Settler once the archer is done and Blades of Glory popped it's borders after the turn ended. Which was a bit disconcerting.

This is how the world looks:

Demos:

Where we stand:

Turn 60

Up north our warrior keeps exploring:

Further south our other scouting warrior is going to see what kind of animals live on the other side of that hill. Over to the east you can see an M3 Axe coming our way - he's named Ferret the Explorer so presumably he comes in peace - we'll have an archer and a warrior in BOG if he decides to say hello:

Then this is how the Shaven Empire looks:

Only us and TEAM are still at war. Should we offer peace?

Demos:

Turn 61

Scouting first: Adjustable Telematic keeps going up north - does anyone want me to bring him back to investigate M3 a bit more thoroughly?

Further south Trac II Plus has discovered M3's second city - moving 1N onto the grass forest hill should let us have a look next turn.

Over in the east nothing is going on, but the new archer in Occam will allow the warrior there to go searching for Troll cities from next turn.

In Occam unfortunately we're one food short of growing at the same time as starting the Settler, so I'm working a cottage instead. It's going to cost us 6 commerce and two cottage turns but we will grow quickly after the settler is 2-pop whipped on t63. We can grow back on an Archer or Warrior, any thoughts?

In BoG the Oracle has started, our new population will work a Grass forest for one turn then the new grass mine. Chops will come in t66 and t67 meaning we can 2-pop whip t68 and (hopefully) get it at the start of t69.

Smooth Criminal will grow onto the ivory, then pretty quickly onto the mine being built, do we switch to the new Settler/Worker at that point or finish the warrior first?

Finally and most importantly, research path, we're going to save 39 gold, then 100% research is -7 gpt, getting us writing t65, where do we want to go then? And if we get the Oracle are we taking Metal Casting?

Demos: