Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Mirrorland, the fairest map script of them all

Yessssss. thumbsup

I ran a few map generations, it churns out some interesting maps. Should be fun to play around with this script, thanks Seven.

I like the regular waterways generation, looks like we could get some good naval action with it in a smallish area. No more dancing around ironclads with your wooden ships, mateys! :aar:

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Looks awesome! Archipalego?

How do you install scripts?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Copy the python file here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\PublicMaps

(or if you don't have the Steam version it should still be under the PublicMaps folder wherever that is in the regular BTS installation). You may have to exit the game and open it back up if it was open when you put the file in that directory. I had to, anyway, but it may have been because I had BUG running at the time when I tried to roll a new map using the script.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

spacetyrantxenu Wrote:Copy the python file here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\PublicMaps

(or if you don't have the Steam version it should still be under the PublicMaps folder wherever that is in the regular BTS installation). You may have to exit the game and open it back up if it was open when you put the file in that directory. I had to, anyway, but it may have been because I had BUG running at the time when I tried to roll a new map using the script.

You definitely have to restart BTS for it to show up. I must have restarted it hundreds of times in the last month.

I'm currently playing a SP game with this map script. I dialed it up to max water but I still got plenty of land in there (huge with 11 opponents - or something like that). One thing that I did note is that I don't have any Marble. I might have checked balanced resources which would have removed the marble - not sure.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

There's no setting that would remove marble, but sometimes you won't get any.

Quote:Note that the military strategic resources are all guaranteed to appear. However, stone and marble (along with every other resource) are not. For those I use the official Civ IV formula, which is based on suitable tile count, player count, resource-specific numbers and some randomness. Due to each resource needing to appear at least N times or not at all which is quite a jump, if a resource doesn't make it I carry over the remainder to the next resource to place. (E.g. in a 5-player game, if I'm supposed to place 4 ivory and then 3 dyes, 0 ivory will be placed, but the 4 will carry over to make 7 dyes; I place 5 of them and 2 carry over, etc.) Resource placement happens in category order (strategic, marble/stone, food, luxes, sea) so the carryover will typically apply to a similar kind of resource. So you'll get a reasonable number of luxuries, but probably not every type in a given game.

Do you have some kind of range check for the military strategic resources? Or can the oil appear equidistant to multiple players?

Quote:This time I turned on "Critical resources close", which is a bit like the Balanced Resources option you find on some maps. Of course a totally mirrored map is balanced by definition... but this option ensures that everyone has at least one horse, copper, iron, and land-based oil that's at least twice as close to them as to anyone else, so that it's much harder to be stuck without the necessary resource to build an army to claim said contested resource.

how viable would it be for the script to make a map consisting of X uniform buildingblocks (Squares of NxN) and then being able to independently rotate and/or mirror those in random ways