For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Poll: Map K1 (ss shown) or K5 (Krill's new one)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
K1
0%
0 0%
K5
81.25%
13 81.25%
Either
18.75%
3 18.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 8

(October 26th, 2012, 18:50)Krill Wrote: Reminder: I still need to make a few minor changes to the mod, and I want to bug check that change log because I don't trust it one inch any more.

Good, that should give time for a consensus to be verified on what's being done to the map. Right now, my plan is to only do the following, per Pindicator's suggestion, modified:
Quote:-1 of horse, copper, or iron within 6 tiles of start
-2 different kinds of luxuries within 6 tiles of start
(Separate instruction for Mardoc: If you need to add luxuries, try to make them different kinds. Types being forge-enhanced (gold, silver, gems); market enhanced (whale, fur, silk, ivory); other (wines, incense, sugar, spices, dyes)
-each start should have at least 1 tile able to be improved to 5f and 1 tile able to be improved to 4f with ancient techs in the BFC (2 5f tiles and 0 4f tiles is of course ok)

That'd be something like maximum of 5 tiles altered per civ. And only boosts, no nerfs.

Speak soon, or hold your peace!
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Five boosts only sounds good.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Scooter and Regoarrarrrrrr: I have a favour to ask.

I've read your spoiler thread (up to post 15 or so I think....hard to keep track wink ) but having seen Commodore's uber leader civ combo, I'd like to ded lurk him (and for some bizarre reason he's ok with this yikes )

But since I've read the spam filled void highly information rich environment known as your spoiler thread....I need your permission to do so.

Are you guys ok with this?

(and if any other player in the game has any objections to me jumping in late as one of Commodore's ded lurkers then please say so....and I'll bow out with no hard feelings. smile )
fnord

I don't mind, as long as you don't tell him about that part where we're going to Impi rush him.

Also, I'm with Pindicator. Regoarrarr isn't even ded-lurking the thread. I think that alone proves you didn't read it too closely. lol

(October 26th, 2012, 20:32)scooter Wrote: I don't mind, as long as you don't tell him about that part where we're going to Impi rush him.

NP. and thanks

Quote:Also, I'm with Pindicator. Regoarrarr isn't even ded-lurking the thread. I think that alone proves you didn't read it too closely. lol

Oh dear.

I really should pay more attention sometimes.

lol
fnord

Sorry I meant the map file – the hint was at Seven Spirits.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Seven, I don't see any map-specific options on the fixed luxuries map?
(As in Islands Mixed in etc. although sealevel climate are there.)
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Sorry for spamming, I get error Can't find map script, [script name] generating empty map.
Is this working for others?

EDIT Ignore both problems, I forgot about the close/reopen civ between installing scripts. smoke

You may not be putting it in the right place. Put it in your C:/Program Files/Firaxis/Civ4/Beyond The Sword/public maps folder. Then it should be an option and should work properly.

Having rolled a few now, I stand by my statement about LOTS of land per player.
WHether that is what you want or not, up to you.