For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Poll: Map K1 (ss shown) or K5 (Krill's new one)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
K1
0%
0 0%
K5
81.25%
13 81.25%
Either
18.75%
3 18.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 8

(October 31st, 2012, 13:14)Krill Wrote: Look if you guys want I can edit in the result of that hut, delete the hut, and just send the new WBS to sunrise.

Sweet. I'm 'aight with this.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I support the reload too, hopefully we can do it quick and without much hassle.

I'm fine with any mechanism used to compensate hut poppers - if some want to keep their results (with hut deleted) and others want new ones, I don't even mind the inconsistency.

Also, I don't think this restart will delay us that much. I wasn't going to know for sure what to do on my start until later tonight anyways, so maybe by the time its restarted I can just pop in and play the turn.

(October 31st, 2012, 13:38)scooter Wrote: I'm fine with any mechanism used to compensate hut poppers - if some want to keep their results (with hut deleted) and others want new ones, I don't even mind the inconsistency.

Also, I don't think this restart will delay us that much. I wasn't going to know for sure what to do on my start until later tonight anyways, so maybe by the time its restarted I can just pop in and play the turn.

Either do it for all huts or no huts. Getting two shots at the hut only if you didn't like the first result is completely unfair to those who didn't pop any huts this turn, whether by choice or design.
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

(October 31st, 2012, 14:12)Merovech Wrote: Either do it for all huts or no huts. Getting two shots at the hut only if you didn't like the first result is completely unfair to those who didn't pop any huts this turn, whether by choice or design.

agreed - actually - just restart the map and forget the huts.
I mean really - its a new random chance - i think you guys can deal with it.
/rant
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

(October 31st, 2012, 19:04)waterbat Wrote: agreed - actually - just restart the map and forget the huts.
I mean really - its a new random chance - i think you guys can deal with it.
/rant
You're just bitter, waterbat.
[Image: chickens.jpeg]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

that goes without saying
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla