I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Poll: Map K1 (ss shown) or K5 (Krill's new one)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
K1
0%
0 0%
K5
81.25%
13 81.25%
Either
18.75%
3 18.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 8

I'll play! Someone out there who wants to team up so there will be an updated thread?

My thoughts:
RBmod yes
Random w/ filter? Random
Script/map touching? No preference
Scout-only starts? Good plan
Difficulty? Monarch

Things that are pretty important to the format:
No Tech Trading.
Barbs on
CTON, no banter, AI diplo please!
Events! Can't be bothered both ways.

RBmod - yes (I'd prefer only bug fixes implemented on it. No need to change slavery or draft.)
Leaders/starting positions? Random
Script/map touching? I vote for cylindrical lakes with ~30% water, but any script that creates natural looking map is ok (also Big and Small). It should be edited only to provide decent food resource in the capital and maybe minor luxury check in the surroundings.
Scout-only starts? works for me
Difficulty? Prince

Other:
Tech trading with no brokering
huts on
events on (had to take all events)
barbs on
AI diplo - no banter

I guess AI diplo would be okay. With a random map it'd suck to not be able to trade resources, not as important for a handmade map. I agree with plako's comments above about the map. And screw it, I'm up for TT on with TB off. I really want to see how that works with AI diplo. How does tech trading work in RBmod?

?? you can still trade resources with AI diplo, even with tech trading off.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Bigger and I will sign up as a team. We plan to be aggressively casual.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Merovech and i are forming a team, if there is any C & D wiz who wants to join us they'd be more than welcome.

i'm sure we'll come up with a witty team name at some point

(October 25th, 2012, 03:48)Lewwyn Wrote: Bigger and I will sign up as a team. We plan to be aggressively casual.

Happy Brick? tongue

we vote for no RB-mod officially, although it looks like we will be outvoted, which is ok too.

also vote for TT to be off completely, especially if we use the RB mod.

Lewwyn wants AI-diplo only, no banter smile

map - if we do a random map I would prefer someone look over it to make sure no one gets completely screwed, or a handmade map would be good too. or perhaps a mapmaker could balance the better starts with the lesser leader combos and vice-versa smile

not real preference for the other settings, unless Lewwyn has an opinion
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

I like scootinator, but I think we missed an obvious one. Scoopin! Anyways, I believe this is the roster now:

Quote:Commodore
Azza
Pindicator + scooter
Merovech + ad hoc
Ichabod + Brick.
Plako
Xenu
Catwalk + slowcheetah
Nakor
Lewwyn + Bigger

Did I miss anyone? That's 10 teams. I believe the plan was to cap it at 12, so if you're interested in joining and/or forming a team, soon would be a good time.

Also, if you're looking to ded-lurk something, definitely head towards the thread of scoopin once it's up. It would be a good life decision. /shamelessplug

(October 25th, 2012, 08:29)scooter Wrote: I like scootinator, but I think we missed an obvious one. Scoopin!

Hmmm. Bigwyn!
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

If you guys roll Bismark, Fredrick, Germany, or even Charlemange/HRE, it's got to be Lewger.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.