Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Poll: Map K1 (ss shown) or K5 (Krill's new one)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
K1
0%
0 0%
K5
81.25%
13 81.25%
Either
18.75%
3 18.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 8

(October 25th, 2012, 09:09)Commodore Wrote: If you guys roll Bismark, Fredrick, Germany, or even Charlemange/HRE, it's got to be Lewger.

Yeah, I thought of that too. XD We'll see what we roll.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

(October 25th, 2012, 03:01)Bigger Wrote: ?? you can still trade resources with AI diplo, even with tech trading off.
I voted for AW earlier, changed that to AI diplo as I didn't like resource trading being off. I then added a vote for TT on with TB off.

(October 25th, 2012, 12:08)Catwalk Wrote:
(October 25th, 2012, 03:01)Bigger Wrote: ?? you can still trade resources with AI diplo, even with tech trading off.
I voted for AW earlier, changed that to AI diplo as I didn't like resource trading being off. I then added a vote for TT on with TB off.

Can I play please?

(October 25th, 2012, 12:08)Catwalk Wrote:

yeah I get it now smile
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

(October 25th, 2012, 12:38)Lego Wrote: Can I play please?

I usually recommend that new players try to team up with somebody for their first game, especially in a big Pitboss. It can be easy to get overwhelmed.

Anyone need a teammate?

(October 25th, 2012, 13:16)scooter Wrote:
(October 25th, 2012, 12:38)Lego Wrote: Can I play please?

I usually recommend that new players try to team up with somebody for their first game, especially in a big Pitboss. It can be easy to get overwhelmed.

Anyone need a teammate?

I have played a game at civfanatics and played online before. I will always play my turns on time I swear.

I think the concern is not so much whether you will play on time but whether or not you can commit to this game for 6-12 months. It causes a big hiccup if someone drops out, and it happens from time to time. In big games we like having insurance in case it happens so we don't need to pause the game for a long time while finding a replacement.

(October 26th, 2012, 03:24)Catwalk Wrote: I think the concern is not so much whether you will play on time but whether or not you can commit to this game for 6-12 months. It causes a big hiccup if someone drops out, and it happens from time to time. In big games we like having insurance in case it happens so we don't need to pause the game for a long time while finding a replacement.

That makes sense and is reasonable. My interest to play remains but if you'd prefer I didn't that would be understandable.

Yeah what Catwalk said was pretty much right - I signed up with a teammate for that reason exactly despite the fact that I've played probably 10 games here. We like to encourage that for new members especially. There's also other things - have you looked at the mod we're playing with for instance?

I'd actually really like to see you participate, but my preference for new members is to join up with a teammate for the sake of the other players in the game - we've had a couple big Pitboss games where someone has up and disappeared before and it was a big problem. I think Nakor mentioned up-thread that he had an interest in getting a teammate? That might be a good start.

Commodore - how long are you planning to keep signups open for? We should probably have a deadline here so people don't start to lose interest.

(October 26th, 2012, 08:27)scooter Wrote: Yeah what Catwalk said was pretty much right - I signed up with a teammate for that reason exactly despite the fact that I've played probably 10 games here. We like to encourage that for new members especially. There's also other things - have you looked at the mod we're playing with for instance?

I'd actually really like to see you participate, but my preference for new members is to join up with a teammate for the sake of the other players in the game - we've had a couple big Pitboss games where someone has up and disappeared before and it was a big problem. I think Nakor mentioned up-thread that he had an interest in getting a teammate? That might be a good start.

Commodore - how long are you planning to keep signups open for? We should probably have a deadline here so people don't start to lose interest.

Ok thanks. I didn't see about playing with a mod. I think i'll just try a regular game for now. Would I just make a new thread to gauge interest?