I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Poll: Map K1 (ss shown) or K5 (Krill's new one)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
K1
0%
0 0%
K5
81.25%
13 81.25%
Either
18.75%
3 18.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 8

Yeah, though it may be tricky as we just launched a two-game PBEM the other with both a veterans and greens version, so most of the interested parties probably joined one of those two games. I don't know if you're totally set on Pitboss over PBEM, but we do like to run greens PBEMs for lesser experienced and/or newcomers here pretty often. You might even check into PBEM45-greens to see if anyone there needs help playing turns and planning if you're not able to get up enough interest for a full game.

Well, we can do it with ten now if people are okay with that. A slight RB mod preference seems to have emerged, best if we can get Krill's scout/bug/draft fix in first. Was anyone willing to roll us a map and do a mild food/lux check until something interesting comes a cropper?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(October 26th, 2012, 08:41)scooter Wrote: Yeah, though it may be tricky as we just launched a two-game PBEM the other with both a veterans and greens version, so most of the interested parties probably joined one of those two games. I don't know if you're totally set on Pitboss over PBEM, but we do like to run greens PBEMs for lesser experienced and/or newcomers here pretty often. You might even check into PBEM45-greens to see if anyone there needs help playing turns and planning if you're not able to get up enough interest for a full game.

And to add, there's no reason why you can't do both smile Get your feet wet by joining a game now (they haven't started their first turn yet, btw) and when the next game comes up jump right in!
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I'd like to sign up if you haven't closed yet.

(October 25th, 2012, 00:45)Nakor Wrote: I'll play! Someone out there who wants to team up so there will be an updated thread?

I'll team up if you'll have me!
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

Ok that brings us to 11 teams. We have room for 1 more if someone wants to jump in.

My understanding is we're going with Big & Small, but we'll reject map rolls that stick a player in Australia, correct? In that case, still needing somebody to run that for us. Volunteers welcome.

Are we going like that or are we aligning best leader/civ to worst start? (So Isabella of India gets to be in Australia, I would say.) I think Big & Small always puts someone, likely some two people, on an island; if anything we can just make sure that the islands actually have luxuries and/or have someone add a little to the starting large island.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

why the sudden interest in big & small? why not fractal if we want randomness? or a homemade map.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Commodore, will you take care of the settings-poll once this is closed? I think apart from RB-Mod there is not really all that much decided yet, is there? If so, please add it into the starting post to make it easier to find.

Things I think about are

Huts / Events?
Which mapscript?
Random Leaders w. or w/o influence by the lurkers? (starting position, slight chances if one is too strong or too bad?)
Turn Timer Time?
Nukes, WE, etc.?
AI-diplo, AW, AP?
AP-Resolutions, UN?
Scout-starts?

and of course a link to the download of RB-Mod would be pretty cool too smile

well there aren't any nukes in the RB mod, and WE's are apparently nerfed to balance, so we don't need to vote on that. Same thing with AP and UN resolutions.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.