For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Poll: How should I play this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Peaceful like a lamb
12.20%
5 12.20%
Gruff but defensive, like a billy goat
9.76%
4 9.76%
Aggressive, like Lambert, the Sheepish Lion post-therapy
19.51%
8 19.51%
A horrific mad hurricane of violent destruction, like a toddler
58.54%
24 58.54%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers] Commodore: Worse than Toku, it's Giggles of Siam!

(November 1st, 2012, 22:56)Commodore Wrote:
(November 1st, 2012, 21:37)Thoth Wrote:
(November 1st, 2012, 21:16)Commodore Wrote: No! Please no! It's mea culpa this time.

Ok. Clue me in, what did you forget to do Mardoc?

Mean man! Given the city was already founded, I forgot (the second reload) to set anything in the production queue.
lol

Whoops.

Well, we eat the mistake and carry on. No biggie. smile

Quote:
Quote:I think it probably means we head towards the Enormous Stack of Settlers and Workers wonder rather than the Oracle. I'm slacking off atm and not actually building a sandbox but I've been thinking about the value of early Monarchy with nerfed slavery.

It really hurts to have marble in the BFC and not try for the Oracle, but this is another reason I hate Creative...half of the reasons for going up the religious line are defunct.

Meh. Marble is for TandA/MoM/Parthenon/Glib/Sistine.

Oracle is an opportunistic shot at an early tech sling (best for Ind leaders and an MC sling, but handy for anyone who can pull it off). Marble is less to make a difference in an Oracle sling than opponent's tech choices and build options.

We've got a few turns yet before we need to commit to either the Oracle or the Settler/worker path so we can hem and haw for a bit yet before we have to make a beaker/hammer commitment either way. smile
fnord

Oh this will be a fun game. Mathematics -> Construction I think Mr. Thoth.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

W00t! jive jive jive

Booyeah.

Sod these fancy pants builder Oracle plans.....let's go bonk some heads. :D hammer :D
fnord

OMFG.

We have Wellies.

:happy dance of Joy:
fnord

And as far as our first turn went,

I've consulted with the Khmerian Ministry of Information and I'm now assured that there were no mistakes made on the first turn. There were simply some erroneous map information given.

We never had a hut so we couldn't possibly have popped a scout from a hut.

Therefore, we used our awesome powers to build a 1t scout in Lakeside Gardens before starting our worker.

This is true history. Anyone who disagrees is invited to write out their reasons for disagreeing and mail them to the Khymer Ministry of Information. Please ensure that you also make sure to provide your address and telephone number along with the address and telephone number of your 16 closest relatives. Thank you for your cooperation nod

The Khmer Ministry of Information is pleased to bring you true and accurate information about the state of the Khymer Empire, home of prosperity, peace and hippie love. flower
fnord

I approve of this message. If you do not approve of this message:
[Image: War_mammoth.jpg]

nono

The Ministry of Truth and Information has not authorized that image.

This:
[Image: ybMVj.jpg]

much better demonstrates our peaceful, flower loving ways. nod

Note the Happy Peaceful Flowers that dominate the foreground.

We come in peace. nod
fnord

So then! Scouting! As indicated by the Ministry, we managed to 1-turn a scout excellently. Anyway, given the west seems a bit mountainous and coastal, I opted to send one scout east/southeast, and one northeast. Weird sea here.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0037.JPG]

I go a but further, and then, two roads diverge near a wood. Excellent Moai spot, if we have food?
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0041.JPG]

Turn 3, the borders pop, and we've got seafood in the west! Also, looks like things curve a bit further north, too, so perhaps there is more landmass thataway. The desert hill might be a good seal location if we seek borders.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0048.JPG]

Pretty sure that unless bronze working shows something coppery just outside, this is our next city, though. The revealed sheep means that it won't be worthless in and of itself, and it can share quite a lot of nice cottage riverland with Lakeside. Plus, plenty of chops.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0049.JPG]

But onward we must go! Next turn, let's see if we can get some of Yuri's luck and pop some techs!
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG]

Moai might be awkward, but also...STONE!

If that's a lake (I count 10 water tiles so it should (I think) be freshwater....

[Image: 3Kp8o.jpg]

If it is salt, then we have a protected harbour for some unboatable ports and a safe haven for ships. :D

Access to Stone is great. XD. Desert Stone is a pretty lousy tile to work but the resource is handy....17 Walls with Pro and Stone. If we settle up in someone's face we're going to be a PITA to dislodge. Though from the looks of things we have some nice land to expand into.

I like Meadowview Lawn btw. It can work some of the capital's cottages, borrow the corn to help kickstart it and it'll make a solid hammer city post Civil Service/caste.

And *two* huts next turn?

Quote:"Oh mighty God of The RNG please smile upon us and grant us cool events, good lair hut pops and good luck in combat"

Popping BW would be *sweet*. twirl
fnord

Meadowview Lawn is too descriptive of a name for that location. It just fits too well with all that river grassland. Something like Boaters Landing or Barefoot Beach would be more fitting names for that site.