I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Poll: How should I play this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Peaceful like a lamb
12.20%
5 12.20%
Gruff but defensive, like a billy goat
9.76%
4 9.76%
Aggressive, like Lambert, the Sheepish Lion post-therapy
19.51%
8 19.51%
A horrific mad hurricane of violent destruction, like a toddler
58.54%
24 58.54%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers] Commodore: Worse than Toku, it's Giggles of Siam!

Best of luck with the coing confrontation. If you are felling like it, any chance of getting those nice reports in the form of the Toku game?

(November 8th, 2012, 00:02)Adbekunkus Wrote: Best of luck with the coing confrontation. If you are felling like it, any chance of getting those nice reports in the form of the Toku game?

Thanks! Like Mr. Thoth said, the looming confrontation might be more more in the cats/Ballin' Pants time-frame for us. So we'll see. But yes, more story updates!
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Okay, I owe story, but barring that, here's the facts. Cynobindicooter found our capital with a minimum of fuss or muss, which is fine. The real question is if they've spotted the mammoths. Hopeful they haven't, considering it looks like they're coming from the Great Salt Lake.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0066.JPG]

Hopes of peace are looking a bit grim, as their own eastern coastline is tightly snuggled up to their capital. Scooter and Pindicator are both reasonable fellas, but I'm not sure how much their dedlurkers are pushing them into violence.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0067.JPG]

Heading north with Cindy. I hope they don't snipe too many huts on their own way up...I'm laying decent odds of them poking around a little bit more, at least to see how our own backline looks (like their own: White-girl skinny).
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0068.JPG]

Nice thing is, we can see their capital! Sort of.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG]

Of all the half-assed themes...unless it's Seafood Places? Red Lobster next in that case...

Okay, we have a choice here: Shall we DoW and head north? I'm not sure how much land is north of the Zulu, but I know that it looks like there is a ton north of us. I'd love to steal huts and possibly make contacts by moving the scout north; the only question, given our wealth of northern expansion room, is if it is worth the diplo hit.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0070.JPG]

Isn't NH on their team?
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(November 9th, 2012, 15:15)Krill Wrote: Isn't NH on their team?

Hah, yes. The question is "how much". He's going to be pushing for them to fight me, as he'd rather me die than anything else here. However, Pindicator and Scooter are both very win-oriented players; if they feel like they've got a shot (and ohhh boy do they have a shot) to win, they'll pursue that primarily. A DoW->scout pass is about as harmless as possible (more in Krillmod, thanks to later OB), but they'll still be miffed. Not enraged, probably, but not DoWing is about as clear a peaceful-intention flag as I can make in this CTON setup.

Quote:eot 15: Worker finishes
turn 16: Start building worker 2 in Cap working Corn. Worker moves towards corn.
Turn 17: Start Farming corn.
Turn 20: Swap to Warrior in cap (worker at 20/60h) 2/22 food in box
Turn 21: 5/22 in box. Corn farm completes
Turn 22: 11/22 in box. Worker moves
Turn 23: 17/22 in box. Bronze complete eot. Worker either moves or idles.
Turn 24: Size 2. 1/24 food. 4/15h into warrior. Resume work on Worker at 8 food/hammers per turn. Worker starts chopping (alt: Worker starts Quarry). Revolt to Slavery
Turn 26: 36/60h into worker-->whip. If we chop with the first worker the chop would complete this turn and the chop does little to accelerate production at this point. We'll have 13 h overflow from the worker build anyway which is enough to complete the warrior at eot 27. We'll need 4t to grow back to size 2 (growth will happen at eot 30, marble quarry finishes on t31).
Turn 30: 2nd worker completes it's first chop bringing us to ~25/15 hammers on Warrior #2
t31: Wheel done at eot (I think). Marble quarry completes and gets worked. smile. Start settler with 10h overflow from Warrior. Workers move to chop. Chops finish up t34 getting us a settler eot 35 and Woodview Lawn settled t37 with a road connection and two workers available to start increasing tile yields.

Ah, I see the difference, I was for some reason on the old quick-speed habit. 5 turn farm means the whole thing is much more elegant, but with whipping, you're right, the first chop is a bit superfluous. Given this plan gives us a whole 6 foodhammers to play with, why not maximize things a bit more and spend one extra turn on the warrior, netting us an lovely turn faster regrowth?

Wouldn't the forts be better 1N each?
You can still sail into the lake + you waste a desert instead of grassland.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

No, because that desert tile 2N of the lake does not touch any coastal or lake tiles.

WARWARWARWAR

The lurkers have spoken. And voted!