Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Poll: How should I play this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Peaceful like a lamb
12.20%
5 12.20%
Gruff but defensive, like a billy goat
9.76%
4 9.76%
Aggressive, like Lambert, the Sheepish Lion post-therapy
19.51%
8 19.51%
A horrific mad hurricane of violent destruction, like a toddler
58.54%
24 58.54%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers] Commodore: Worse than Toku, it's Giggles of Siam!

:vomit:
fnord

at least we have a lot of forests to chop. :silverlining:

and 11 river tiles is ok.

5 coast tiles sucks unless there's another seafood in the fog.

Where's our food? hammer
fnord

Hut adjacent to settler means we can't pop a tech by settling. frown

Move scout to pop hut? If it's exp take woody II? If it's cash or map. um yay. Free warrior or scout? Yeah they're solid finds at this point.

But I'd rather have the roll on fishing. frown

T0: Move scout to hut, then re-evaluate.

But SiP, with either Fishing/bronze or Bronze/Fishing looks mandatory.
fnord

arrgh.

Normal speed, Monarch, Large means Fishing is 64b.

We can only do 9 bpt from the cap initially. so 8 t to fishing with 7b overflow if we go fishing first.

Those 7b do get the 20% prereq multiplier when applied to BW.

Hmm.

Really depends on what our 5f tile is. If it's a Hunting resource (Cows, Pigs, Sheep), then worker/bw/fishing is likely strongest.

If it's a fish...bw/fishing or vice versa. If we go fishing first, we build a warrior and send it out to hopefully mess up someone's day. smile
fnord

Um. Whoa. Well, like you said, we have chops aplenty. Not sure if anything can be planned yet, given we could have wet corn north, too.

Ugh, or one of those forested tiles could be deer. AH first might be mandated. frown
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(October 28th, 2012, 08:26)Commodore Wrote: Um. Whoa. Well, like you said, we have chops aplenty. Not sure if anything can be planned yet, given we could have wet corn north, too.

Hopefully there is something nice hiding in the fog, but right now it's looking like we're going to need to muster up all the turd polishing skills we can muster. frown

Quote:Ugh, or one of those forested tiles could be deer. AH first might be mandated. frown

frownfrownfrown That would suck.
fnord

So doing some fog-reading...
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5694.JPG]

Notes:
-Baby, it's cold outside. Probably Antarctic Ocean south, but we could be in the north on a weird landform.
-Definitely not an elephant biome. Ballista-mammoths? frown
-Looks like a +5 landfood is either in that clear patch eastward, or a forest deer.
-Seafood comes in twos and threes, typically, so actually both fogged tiles might be seafood.
-Holy rivers, Batman! This is going to be a hardcore cottage capital.
-Furs would be lovely. Think we have a shot at 'em?
-Given the script normally assigns 3-4 resources to a start, and we see 2/3 of a resource...there's going to be forested something available, I think, unless both clearings have something.

Okay, the prospect of doing a complete analysis for each player/combo is a bit daunting, so as I meet the competition, I'll plunge into much more in-depth thoughts. Meanwhile, here's the first impressions:

Azza - Napoleon of Rome
Napoleon, rocking the mildly buffed Chm and the nicely boosted Org, doesn't exactly synergise with Rome, but both are pretty good. The new forum is nice, the nerfed Preats are still decent deterrents...not bad, not bad. Azza won't be able to capitalize on this, but he should do 'aight.
Combo: B-
Player:C

Pindicooter - Huayna Capac of Zulu
Holy crap. Nice civ, amazing leader, two solid main players, with two excellent deadlurker (Cynobicooter?). The Ind of HC might be a little nerfed with 4(!) other Ind around, but Fin is still best trait, bar none, and the Zulus are a decent enough civ to roll on. I pray they have a Fishing/Mining start, otherwise, this thing might get sewn up fast.
Combo:A
Player(s):A-

Merohoc - Augustus of Arabia
Poor, poor Merovech. This is not his best introduction to Civ4 MP, with a marginal leader (Ind non-exclusive, Imp is "pretty okay") and a fairly sad civ (maybe decent for shrines, and CA are nice if you lack horses/iron, but awful start techs). Then too, Ad Hoc has had less than impressive turns in his previous games. Maybe they're surprise me and land the 'mids and have an awesome Madrassa SE + monk economy. But I doubt it.
Combo:D-
Player:D

Ichabod and the Brick - Genghis Khan of the Vikings
Hum. War Eagle, I guess. I'd have a blast playing this setup, and I think Brick and Ichabod will too, with Genghis better but still marginal and the Vikings synergising very well with his Agg. If Ichabod brings his A game and Brick brings his A game, they will be able to royally wreck somebody. Knowing my luck, they will be over-coast about seven tiles away.
Combo:C
Player(s):B-

Plako - Louis XIV of the Aztec
Ah, now this should be interesting. Louis was hurt by RBmod, but his first advantage, being an Ind leader with no temptation towards Stonehenge, is very nice. I expect Plako to play his usual solid game, and if he wins a few key wonders to boost it (Oracle something nice, MoM, GLH, whatever) then he'll win. He's always attacked, but unless it's the unholy Ancient Era Terror that is Ceiliazul, he always thrives despite that. Aztecs are nice, but nothing pivotal.
Combo:B-
Player:A+

Xenu - Churchill of Portugal
Hahahahahaha Xenu. Pro again, this time boosted by RB mod. Churchill got buffed by RBmod, but considering how miserable he was to start with...yeah. Portugal is interesting...if Xenu gets Economics and cheap Fetorias up, he'll be in great economic shape, and the carrack is a good UU on Big and Small. If Xenu plays it boring. Bets are, he plays it...interesting.
Combo:D-
Player:D+

Catcheetah - Suryavarman of France
I am of the tinfoil hat theory that Catwalk is in fact the greatest troll persona ever created, for nobody could truly be that retarded in his ideas. Slow is unfortunately someone who kinda goes with the flow, which means I expect massive, massive amounts of failure from this team. I dislike the RBmod Sury quite a bit, but he has his advantages, and France is still France. I hope so very badly to be near them...delicious.
Combo:B
Player(s):C-

Lewger - Qin Shi Huang of the Netherlands
I'm going by the assumption here that Lewwyn, being Lewwyn, will be running the show on this team-up. Qin is weaksauce, and the Dutch take forever to get to their admittedly awesome advantages, but Lewwyn has the skills to get them there. Assuming he avoids, you know, being himself. I honestly expect the lion's share of wonders to be split between these guys and Serdoa...it'll be fun to see how they go.
Combo:D+
Player:A+

N-core - Mansa Musa of India
Whoa, now this would be game over in the hands of Krill or Seven. Awesome Fin, RB-mod sweet Spi, and the weaker but still exemplary India. Nakor is a decent economy manager who consistently gets slaughtered in battle...maybe Tatan's aggression and CFC's spreadsheet skills can buff him up, but I'm still not quaking in my boots.
Combo:A+
Player(s):B

Serdoa - De Gaulle of Maya
Hum. The streakiest player on RB, playing a so-so leader of a good but not great civ. Yeah, I think Serdoa will do well here. Chm and Ind we're mentioning, Maya has pretty good techs (the "Stonehenge Duo") and holkans are nice early-game. This isn't a terror-set, but at the same time I expect Serdoa to do well if he doesn't go all despairing (PB7).
Combo:C+
Player:B+

*throws up the Thoth Signal*

(.)(.)

What say ye, Thoth? Who would you prefer to kill first?

(October 29th, 2012, 15:07)Commodore Wrote: *throws up the Thoth Signal*

(.)(.)

rolf rolf rolf

Quote:What say ye, Thoth? Who would you prefer to kill first?

Whomever is closest. :D

(actual replies to the above posts, with actual content are in the works. wink )
fnord