For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] BRick goes for a diplo win with Genghis's Vikings

I cannot tell you what I think, only reflect on what you have written: The conclusion of your thought process is that you are not facing a rational opponent. And if so, can you expect to peace-bargain with them rationally? Churchill or Chamberlain?

(January 17th, 2013, 19:05)timski Wrote: you are not facing a rational opponent.

tongue Yeah....

(January 17th, 2013, 13:28)BRickAstley Wrote: What do the lurkers think?

Seems pretty natural to me that a location is a great choke point for your empire. Seems reasonable that if I was your enemy I'd like to deny you that. Xenu might be excitable, but (PB7 aside) he does play to win.

(January 17th, 2013, 23:36)Ceiliazul Wrote:
(January 17th, 2013, 13:28)BRickAstley Wrote: What do the lurkers think?

Seems pretty natural to me that a location is a great choke point for your empire. Seems reasonable that if I was your enemy I'd like to deny you that. Xenu might be excitable, but (PB7 aside) he does play to win.

The thing is, he has not traded maps with me, so unless he's explored upwards and not met me earlier, that can't be something he knows.

I'm probably choking him off without knowing myself.

Flip a bank-card, if it's the face you face them, if it's the back you back off. Do it 10000 times to make the result statistically more reliabe.

Now THAT is awesome lurker advice!

Hah!

His power has been rising astronomically though, so I'm sure he's soon to unleash a big army at me. I'm throwing everything I have in m border city in order to fend him off though.

If he starts walking around in my back lines though I'm not sure what I will do. Maybe send all my people to his cities and base-trade? :D

Lets see a graph! Is that front city on a hill?

[Image: GdVkfcr.jpg]

[Image: e34PyUH.jpg]

Power and battle field. I've been growing horizontally, while he's been growing vertically, so he's just got more production power than I do.

I've got 3 archers in a chariot in Terrapin, and axe/chariot/warrior/worker on the hill to it's east. That spear up north can reach either tile next turn, and I can whip out an ax in Old Black Bear next turn & I'll have a chariot done in the capital which is 3 turns out next turn. I have no idea what he's making, likely axes and spears though.

The good thing is he pretty much has to attack my city; if he doesn't, I have visibility on his troop movements for 5 turns to my east, and have the road network to position accordingly.

I also have horseback riding on the way, which barring lots of spears on his part might help me break a tide of lots of units. GOGO Horse Archers!

[Image: lXp8SKv.jpg]

Damn you Xenu.

4 swords, 3 each of axes, spears, bows. I'll get another ax and a chariot in next turn, and another ax the turn after, but it'll probably be too late.

Even has a settler named for his next city ready, arrogant bastard.