Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] BRick goes for a diplo win with Genghis's Vikings

[Image: Genghis.JPG]

Bear in mind that nothing is guaranteed, I reserve the right to fold, spindle, and mutilate, or even start over from scratch. I'm probably too lazy to actually do so for a 99% random map, but screenies aren't promises.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Uhhhhh.....

[Image: picture-3.png]

Is it me or do our land amounts seem crazily low?

Actually, i think I would like some rego-style spamming.

GENERIC YELLING ABOUT SUBOPTIMAL STARTING CONDITIONS

If we start by Pooter, can we devote the entire game to revenge after PB5? that would be fun. wink

And I promise I'll start posting content soon.

(October 26th, 2012, 23:18)Qgqqqqq Wrote: WOuld building units faster then they strike actually work?
Its an idea i've always wanted to try...

Well, it works, in a way. You can only lose 1 unit per turn due to strike, so, theoretically, you can do it by building more than 1 unit per turn. Pratically, it's impossible.

Regarding the starting land, at least we start with fishing. I hate fishing starts because I never now if it's better to go WB or worker first. In this case, I guess worker first works, while teching agriculture and probably mining -> BW next. Bah, only 1 hill pre-sailing... This is as shitty as it can get for a Imperialistic civ. We're going to have to rely on slavery hammers for our imperialistic settler bonus. 50 hammers from a 2 pop whip are 80 hammers for us. Sounds good enough, I guess...

Probably try Great Lighthouse and a fast sailing to settle islands.

(October 27th, 2012, 00:35)Ichabod Wrote: Probably try Great Lighthouse and a fast sailing to settle islands.

I would agree, but there's the problem of having 5, yes 5!!!!!! Industrious civs here. I'm quite scared to try any big Wonder plans I think.

I'm writing up a leader/civ summary post atm.

(October 27th, 2012, 00:35)Ichabod Wrote:
(October 26th, 2012, 23:18)Qgqqqqq Wrote: WOuld building units faster then they strike actually work?
Its an idea i've always wanted to try...

Well, it works, in a way. You can only lose 1 unit per turn due to strike, so, theoretically, you can do it by building more than 1 unit per turn. Pratically, it's impossible.

Regarding the starting land, at least we start with fishing. I hate fishing starts because I never now if it's better to go WB or worker first. In this case, I guess worker first works, while teching agriculture and probably mining -> BW next. Bah, only 1 hill pre-sailing... This is as shitty as it can get for a Imperialistic civ. We're going to have to rely on slavery hammers for our imperialistic settler bonus. 50 hammers from a 2 pop whip are 80 hammers for us. Sounds good enough, I guess...

Probably try Great Lighthouse and a fast sailing to settle islands.

You eventually start losing more units to strike the longer the strike goes on. Each turn of positive cashflow resets the counter.

(October 27th, 2012, 00:48)BRickAstley Wrote:
(October 27th, 2012, 00:35)Ichabod Wrote: Probably try Great Lighthouse and a fast sailing to settle islands.

I would agree, but there's the problem of having 5, yes 5!!!!!! Industrious civs here. I'm quite scared to try any big Wonder plans I think.

I'm writing up a leader/civ summary post atm.

Yeah, better forget wonders, especially the nerfed GLHouse. But early exploration/settling of islands could be a nice thing to try. Or mass production of galleys for a Berseker attack later.