I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] BRick goes for a diplo win with Genghis's Vikings

Spoken like a true despot. Thanks for posting those Brick.

Since I am free to say anything, it also looks like your road network, and your tile improvement in general, is a little scanty. I'm not sure what all your cities are working on, but it seems like it would be a good idea to invest in some more workers as soon as possible. It looks like you have a pretty good amount of land stacked out though, with a few good spots that you can fill in with additional cities later on.

Oh, I didn't get pictures of the last turn, but I saw an event that said Serdoa DECLARED ON XENU. This is pretty much the best thing that's ever happened in the history of ever.

Messed a bit with worked tiles:

* At Terrapin, moved to work the gold mine instead of the grassland hill mine. The city no longer has food surplus, but there's no loss in production, and the commerce from gold will be helpful. Once the cow is pastured, work the GLH mine again so that the city can grow to size 4
* At Yellowhammer, moved to work the coast instead of the GL forest. It doesn't delay the Settler while giving extra commerce

Also added some signs to indicate which tile improvements I recommend to build next

[Image: gdshg1T.jpg]

Islands of Milk and Sushi.

[Image: PtVOS7x.jpg]

MOTHER FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

A message I sent to Brick by IM which I feel belongs in the thread

All right, obviously we can't do much with the current military. Options:

1) expand to the east and take the land next to Arabia (which conveniently is blocked off from them by a peak)
2) build military and attack Xenu
3) build military and attack Serdoa

We will need military in any case, even if we go for settling east, Arabia will definitely try to re-settle the iron, so we need to be able to protect those cities. In any case, there is space for only 4 or 5 cities, mostly mediocre - no rivers and no production

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0692.JPG]

(Arabian city was on the iron, but was captured (razed) by the barbs

Attacking Xenu is tempting, unfortunately even if we win the war, he doesn't have much land

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0693.JPG]

Attacking Serdoa is the riskiest play, he probably is the tech leader, being in Representation. But the reward is also the biggest, there is a lot of nice land in the west

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0694.JPG]

Frankly, I don't think peaceful expansion will ultimately let us win, and we can't attack Serdoa without fearing a backstab from Xenu. So building military, attacking Xenu, then possibly attacking Serdoa seems to be the play which gives us the best chance. The fact that we're almost on par with Xenu in power with our army of 3 Axes, 3 Chariots, 3 Archers and 4 Warriors makes me believe conquering him with a reasonable stack of HArchers is possible

I agree that going full military is risky, but I feel without it we will fall farther and farther behind the leaders. Ideally, money we get from capturing Xenu's cities would let us research Alphabet, Math and Construction, we can't hope to get Serdoa's cities on our continent without Catapults

tl;dr: We can't win peacefully, so let's go warmongering

And for better or for worse, in my rage in the turn I traded iron for iron with Xenu to try and get him to warmonger on Serdoa too. With any luck he will, and will send a big army out to get killed by Serdoa, so we can roll over him.

If only we could get Zerk's first.

We have been working a bunch of unimproved plains tiles, moved them all onto coast. Work higher food tiles and whip, that's much better than 1/1/1 tiles

Kitties (I think it's them) built MoM. Do we even know where they are?

Where do you plan the next cities? I see 2 Settlers on the move. I wouldn't found the city on our continent, it will be a mediocre one with a slow start; at this point it will hurt our economy too much, and we won't get anything out of it any time soon. A city on Merohoc's continent should be ok

Any news?

I was busy last week, had to prepare for the Magic: the Gathering grand prix this past weekend. Will check the game and update today/tomorrow