I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] BRick goes for a diplo win with Genghis's Vikings

[Image: M5DLL7U.jpg]

Time to fight. The units:
  • Stack on his hill: 14 HAs, 1 ax
  • Units that will be on that tile next turn: 4 HAs, 3 Axes, 1 Chariot
  • Blue Fish defences: 1 Spear, 1 Archer
  • Black Fish Defences: 2 Archers
  • Xenu Rage Levels: Soon to be near infinite.

It's clobbering time.

Logged in to look at the situation, no changes yet. Kitties offered to buy our map for 50g, I accepted, we need gold

Well, since that botched our circumnav attempts, i went ahead and map traded with plako so we would hopefully have a shot at circumnav still. Of course, plako's furthest maps are 1 column of tiles short of full range of vision. If slow has a smidge farther than that, then he's got it. :P

Oh well, can't win them all.

Good luck on the new war, although it looks like you have managed to catch him pretty unprepared. Poor Xenu lol

Forgot to take pictures, but the first round was an astounding success. 12 battles, won 8, lost 4. Considering he's PRO and had spears, not bad at all. Even won a few 20%ers. And I have 5 more HAs completing next turn. jive

The key will be his iron.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0695.JPG]

I have a good few HAs in Blue Fish, and 2 1S of it. If he moves out to attack them, his troops that do so will have to come out of Red Fish, leaving them injured and it exposed to an attack once our forces gather. If not, I can pillage his iron next turn, and shut off any production of Spears, which will effectively end his chances of resistance.

Oh, and I got a Great General this turn. I'll be sending that to promo some of the higher XP HAs into unstoppable killing machines.

I have a cautiously optimistic feeling about this.

Nicely done, Brick and Yuri. Looking forward to reading about the next few turns.

I would put great general on an Axe. Reasons:

* 1-2 extra promos on HArchers are not helpful enough
* Giving all 20 exp to a single Axe will let it promote all the way up the Combat tree, get Morale (+1 movement), and I think there will be one promotion still left

So, the GG Axe will be able to keep up with HArchers, protect them, and occasionally attack himself

Great move guys! Payback time.

Ok yuri, sounds good to me. Ready for the turn to roll!

At the end of next turn, Xenu will have 7 archers, 3 spears, 3 chariots, and 1 ax in RedFish. however, his iron will be cut, so he can't bolster that with spears thereafter. I think this will be a wait a few turns for the HA stack to heal then attack situation.