Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] BRick goes for a diplo win with Genghis's Vikings

(October 27th, 2012, 23:18)BRickAstley Wrote: Gah I hate this stupid fighting wordplay can we just start the damn game pease I don't care I just wanna play

Sorry, I shouldn't involve my philosophy in your game. Anyway, probably 6-12 hours before it's launched per Krill. So not long at all.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5698.JPG]
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

[Image: 29141976.jpg]

Seriously though, thank both of you for doing all this map work even with players bitching. Even though it didn't end up right, I really appreciate you putting in work on the map Mardoc, and thanks krill for making sure we have something properly competitive enough to play. I'd not wanna be either of you for all the drama this seems to have drug up, so thanks for doing it and dealing with it.

Don't worry, Brick, i'm sure there are more food in there. Besides, hunting enables pastures in the mod, so we can improve the sheep. smile

There are floodplains to the west (and likely another food resource), I'm sure.

I see two options with the scout. NE to see if there's sea food (if there's not, we can try moving south for better land). Or we can move W to the sheep (I think this reveals one of the unrevealed sea tiles too) or SW to see more of the W and south. Maybe the last one is better, since moving would only make sense if we see something way better out of our reach.

Ah, and this start is a billion times better for us. Like I've said, we have more food, even the map rules we agreed on said so. And look at all those forests. They are 32 (pre math) or 48! (post math) hammers on a settler each. Settlers are 100 hammers. That's awesome! And we have a lot of hills too, which are more powerful in the mod, due to the nerfed slavery.

Also, need a good naming scheme.

Oh, I got one: Places and People from Fire Emblem worlds. I've played a good few of those games, and they have some nice place names, as well as a plethora of unit types (unpromoted) and specific unit names (for the veterans).

Also, i'm going to be getting a sandbox running in a few days here, when school clears up. With sunrise incapacitated by Sandy, there isn't a rush anywho.

ALSO also, From a chat Ichabod and I had we're moving the scout 4 on the first turn, since that should give the most vision of unseen tiles. In case any lurkers are curimous.