For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] scooter, pindicator, and Huayna Capac try some fast Zulu cuisine

Ok, moved the scout NW to safety:

[Image: t8_scoutmove2.JPG]

For NH/Cyneheard, shot of the cap where you can see Commodore's scout:

[Image: t8_cap.JPG]

Did the first scout move:

[Image: t9_scoutmove1.JPG]

I was thinking we'd want to move to the forest just below the sheep, but now I'm thinking it would've been better to move SW instead of W and end on the forest 1W of where we are. Though I would like to see if this south and north parts connect. Any thoughts? Pin, I'll leave the rest of this turn to you - busy day today for me.

At first I was going argue that SW was a better idea, but...

This far away from the capital and this early in the game I'm more interested in seeing what the shape of the landmass is than which specific tiles are which. So seeing if that saltwater north of the sheep is an inland sea or a large bay is what I'd rather check out. I vote to move the scout 1N.

I'm at the office today so I won't be able to log in for another 7 hours. So if someone else can move the scout before then please feel free to.

CFC Jester's team grew last turn. That means they took 9 turns to grow from size 1 to size 2. So they worked a 2f tile for the first 5 turns and then a 3 food tile for the next 4. I guess we don't get to whine about having the worst opening after all

Quickly:

1) Yeah, CFCJester team hit sz2 with us... Though they also popped a tech from a hut.

2) 1N is great with me - I'm more interested in the shape too and how big this inland sea and/or connection to the ocean is (it's saltwater). So yeah let's do that.

NH/Cyneheard, you can do it if you feel so inclined. Otherwise if I see we're last on the clock (2 others left), I may be able to pop in real fast and do it, we'll see.

(November 7th, 2012, 13:53)scooter Wrote: NH/Cyneheard, you can do it if you feel so inclined. Otherwise if I see we're last on the clock (2 others left), I may be able to pop in real fast and do it, we'll see.

Send me the password via gchat/gmail. I'm with Pindicator, N looks best.

Yes, N was the way to move:

[Image: arc2OHLY]

I see blue people. 99% certain that's Commodore.

I am too - that's about the right distance for his scout to reach our gold hill on turn 6, too.
I'm all for moving NW-W to that plains hill next turn. It'd be great to get sight on Commodore's city center, so hopefully the terrain allows that.

Edit: thoughts on the saltwater body to our north... 1N and 2N of the sheep are both water tiles (by fog gazing). 1NW of the sheep is not. That makes 9 water tiles in that water body that we know of. I believe the saltwater threshold is 11, but it might be 10. So the tile 2N1W of the sheep is definitely water, and maybe the tile W of that as well.

(November 7th, 2012, 15:21)pindicator Wrote: I am too - that's about the right distance for his scout to reach our gold hill on turn 6, too.
I'm all for moving NW-W to that plains hill next turn. It'd be great to get sight on Commodore's city center, so hopefully the terrain allows that.

His borders have expanded. That PH is 3E1N of his cap. We want a hill 1NW of that one.

(November 7th, 2012, 15:24)Cyneheard Wrote: His borders have expanded. That PH is 3E1N of his cap. We want a hill 1NW of that one.

Or his capital on a hill.
Or a water tile between.

/pedantic
tongue

I don't think a water tile in between will extend your sight range to 3 tiles. It just increases it from 1 to 2.

Saltwater threshold is 10 tiles. Ship threshold is 20 tiles. (Commodore has quite some experience with saltwater lakes under the ship threshold, I'm sure. lol )