I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] scooter, pindicator, and Huayna Capac try some fast Zulu cuisine

New turn rolled, and scooter played. We decided to go N-NW onto the plains hill, and discovered that this is indeed an inland sea to the north of our scout. We also have sight on what looks like pretty sweet land for Commodore. Scooter probably has a picture coming, but I wanted to show just how close Commodore is, and where the halfway point between our capitals is at:

[Image: y4mPVqTBjra80hlIdhG8zlOwjnjxOWJwtTrAj8fj...pmode=none]

So the nearest row of the Great Salt Lake is the mid point between our capitals. If we can claim at least to that point then we'll have two narrowish chokes in case we need to defend from an attack.

Great picture. That makes things a LOT clearer. Well the early gameplan is simple then - push directly west and settle defensive cities along the choke points formed by the lake as soon as possible. I think I like settling 2E of the desert hill in the north (ignoring the fact that we see no food there right now) - that prevents Commodore from settling on the desert hill. Unless you want to settle on the desert hill ourselves of course. wink

Turn 011

Who wants to steal a hut from under Commodore's nose?

[Image: y4mqbPZseJCYxMHaRUSs-BLmuSs4U1yLv6U5BFII...pmode=none]

Few things:

1) Seeing this land area here expanding is good for us. Commodore doesn't appear to be hemmed in like us, so he should be less aggressive if he isn't TOO distracted by "OMG it's Huayna aaaahhhh must kill"...

2) We're definitely on the main continent. Inland saltwater lakes don't happen on islands really. Should be able to make other contacts if we can keep our scout alive.

3) Too bad warriors can't be popped in MP games (this is confirmed to be true right?). Would be hilarious to end Commodore here with a warrior pop out of that hut.

Also, I do find it kind of surprising there has been no lurker thread posts since we met Commodore. I was halfway expecting a few giddy "yessss!" posts by the lurkers to see Zulu hemmed in vs the Human Montezuma with Ballistaphants. Not sure what this means.

Argh, I'm ready to hurry up and see if we pop anything cool from that hut, but team Nakor/Tatan/CFCJester is last to play again despite 3 logins already. Just move the scout yo!

Disclaimer: Seriously, there's still 15 hours left on the clock so it's not THAT big of a deal lol. Just being anxious/impatient. smile

One fun part about Commodore sending his scout at us is that he likely hasn't gotten any of "his" huts in other directions near him. That gives us a great chance to hurry and snipe a couple. I actually wondered for awhile if he had 2 scouts since he seemed very happy about his hut result (implying either he got the "high gold" hut or free scout since we know it wasn't a tech), but there's no way he would've missed a hut so close to his capital with 2 scouts, so it must have been gold.

Too bad we aren't using the Spanish mod, we could see how much gold he had tongue

[Image: t12_scout_move.JPG]

Please no map please no map...

[Image: t12_scout_gold.JPG]

Eh. That's ok I guess, but scout/tech definitely would be better. Homefront is Commodore-less, obviously he's rushing back realizing we're going to steal all his huts smile.

[Image: t12_home.JPG]

Comm has some good land from what we see, although those peaks might make things difficult to dot map. N next for the scout? (And then decdie between W, NW, or NE) Or is SW better?

Popped into the game after Commodore played. Saw this:

[Image: t12_comm_scout.JPG]

Guess he didn't go back after all. So we might just have a free shot at his huts.