For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] scooter, pindicator, and Huayna Capac try some fast Zulu cuisine

Ok, I went with what Cyneheard said - netted clams and ended turn.

[Image: t14_netclams.JPG]

Commodore moved after Pindicator and...

[Image: t14_scout_hut.JPG]

Ruh-roh. Race is on. I'm not sure how he has two scouts. Well, that early hut must have been a scout for him which would explain why he was really happy with his result... I just have NO idea how he missed that hut that was just a few tiles from his capital despite having two scouts lol.

Anyways, Brick is the only player left to play, and he's on gchat now. I'm going to keep an eye on him, and as soon as he goes to finish the turn I'll jump into the game and pop the hut. Technically we moved before Commodore last turn so it does seem fair for us to hurry up and get it, though I wouldn't begrudge him at all for technically double-moving in this case. Just whoever gets in first when the turn rolls wins.

(November 10th, 2012, 12:48)scooter Wrote: Anyways, Brick is the only player left to play, and he's on gchat now. I'm going to keep an eye on him, and as soon as he goes to finish the turn I'll jump into the game and pop the hut. Technically we moved before Commodore last turn so it does seem fair for us to hurry up and get it, though I wouldn't begrudge him at all for technically double-moving in this case. Just whoever gets in first when the turn rolls wins.

Is it worth declaring war and saying we moved first this turn?

Nah... Commodore will be a tad annoyed at us beating him to the hut, but doing something gamey to win it from him would make him justifiably upset. IMO not worth the potential long-term consequences. Plus it feels a little cheap given the game style.

I'll be near a computer anyways for quite awhile so Commodore will need some luck to beat me in.

Yeah, no gamey stuff please. We'll see if Comm double moves us - but a side effect of me not ending turn may be that he expects us to take the hut this turn with scooter's, so who knows?

I am visiting parents right now, so glad to hear scooter is able to log in.

Alright cool, looks like the forum clock is caught up. So let's post what I tried to post earlier:

Whew. Ok. So I have been eagerly waiting to race Commodore into the game. I went so far as to leave Civ open and minimized so as soon as the turn was played, I noticed Brick was on chat, so I figured it could come at any time (no I never poked him on playing the turn to be clear, that also seems cheap). But yeah, I also went invisible on gchat and closed my RB window so it might look to Commodore like I'm offline so he might not think we're in a race. Well... Did we get it?

[Image: t15_closecalll.JPG]

Yeesh. Ok, only 39 gold so not anything fantastic. But Look at that "Commodore has joined the game." message wink. Better look:

[Image: t15_civstats.png]

How's that for fun with timestamps. That score increase was Mining at EoT obviously. Anyways, while I'm in, Commodore apparently decided to do the Commodore thing and react:

[Image: t15_comm_declare.JPG]

rolleye So I guess he's going to try to get visibility and maybe head north of us. NH can still go ahead and say "I told you so" about us choosing Ikhanda over warrior. But hey, what were the odds we'd start next to Commodore. The thing we're waiting to see is if he's going to be a jerk and camp on the pigs or if he'll be reasonable and move on. If he camps on the pigs, we have a problem. If he moves on north like a reasonable person, then whatever, I can ignore this probably.

Oh, and don't feel TOO bad for Commodore. We pretty obviously moved before him last turn, and you can see by Civstats that he was obviously doing all he could to rush in just like I was... except he was clearly double-moving. I won't complain, but... there's a difference between double-moving and TRYING really hard to double-move, especially over something as trivial as a hut. The only reason I was even in a rush to get in was to avoid getting double-moved.

Not a big deal since we got the hut anyways, but still kinda cheesy.

Yeah, the intent to double move is very disappointing, especially since he was such a great part of everybody not doing that in PB5. Hopefully this is a one-time thing and we won't have future issues, especially for stuff like the eventual warring that inevitably is coming.

Moving earlier message:

Yes yes Commodore is cheesy. What else is new. I'm actually surprised that he didn't declare on us earlier to move past.

New message:

I'm sure he considers it a "legal double move."

Turn 016

When I got the save Commodore had already played first, so when I started things up there was a peace treaty offer. It had our background over the capital, and above that I could see his scout had moved to the north. He appeared to be trying for a teleport to get some extra scouting in. And perhaps that was the plan all along, and our timing on the hut was just coincidence. Anyway, I accepted the peace deal. When / if we attack Commodore it's better to have that be on our own terms and not to needlessly provoke him first.

His scout teleported a little farther than Commodore planned.

[Image: y4mmrMvQf_DDD1MCOeUOp1TUmzGaFDwzocNdYkgk...pmode=none]

So we probably get to do the same dance in 10 turns.

In the north, I saw Comm was scouting farther north and figured that if there were any huts in that direction he would beat us to them regardless. So our best bet was to see if there was anything in the west. Turns out it was my turn to choose poorly:

[Image: y4mC4uHc1eLlegcFMt3VfB7Gq5pL_kRd6Uu7PEp5...pmode=none]

Btw - so far Comm's half of the island is a bit better than our half of the island. frown

We get graphs on him next turn. Time for some C&D soon

HAHAHA at the teleport fail. That's hilarious. Karma for trying to double-move us. wink

dancing

neenerneener

dancing

And, of course:
smoke