Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] scooter, pindicator, and Huayna Capac try some fast Zulu cuisine

Idea for tomorrow's title: "Scooter & Pindicator change their title daily"
crazyeye

Also: maybe I should post thoughts about the game in here first so we don't contradict each other as a team all the time lol
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I'm confused as to why this is so difficult right now.

(October 27th, 2012, 14:52)scooter Wrote: I'm confused as to why this is so difficult right now.

Same here.

(October 27th, 2012, 14:52)scooter Wrote: I'm confused as to why this is so difficult right now.

For me the issue is if Krill is talking about a balanced map or a fun one. If there really is something awful about the map that makes it not fun then either a new map should be generated or the map slightly altered. Note: this is very different than being not balanced. PB5 had a very good map (not perfect, as we've tried to add some luxury & strategic resource stipulations to fix some of the "un-fun" problems in PB5), but some things that I'm afraid of that Krill could be referencing:

* Someone (or someones) is completely isolated pre-Astronomy.
* Someone has the notorious "start in the middle of a sea of snow".

Neither of those were specified, and although I haven't seen any in rolling B&S scripts, it doesn't mean we got a bad map for PB8. If Krill is referring to either of these then we probably need to modify / re-roll
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Cyneheard and I are thinking it's an issue of how Mardoc balanced the starts. His comments on "adding and upgrading" tilse was really vague and seems to be what Krill is bothered by. I just posted in the main thread now. The problem is we have no real clue what the hangup is because it's being communicated so vaguely to avoid spoilers.

If it's one of those things, I would assume Mardoc would just reroll? B&S doesn't generate stuff like that though if you choose "islands mixed in" like we requested.

Now i trust Seven when he says this other map will be more fun- i think we should go with the new map
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(October 27th, 2012, 15:34)SevenSpirits Wrote: Guys, since Krill was complaining, I decided to take a look, and I really think you will enjoy the game a LOT more if you play on this other map Krill showed me instead. It looks a lot more fun and also has fewer edits.

Pindicator, thoughts? I'm unsure how to react to this. I feel we should go with the change... But it'll suck if we end up getting a weaker start or something.

As an aside, I strongly dislike how non-transparent this whole process has been.

Nice crosspost. Yeah, let's vote that we go with it.

(October 27th, 2012, 15:38)scooter Wrote: Nice crosspost. Yeah, let's vote that we go with it.

Voting for a new map after we've seen our starting location is a bit messy, but ok.

I know. If some players complain, I won't blame them at all. I don't know what we'll do if a few players want to stick with what they've seen. Mardoc did pretty clearly state that the screenshots we were given were not final, so there's that... But this is still weird. Again, sucky process here.