For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] scooter, pindicator, and Huayna Capac try some fast Zulu cuisine

Basically Mardoc shouldn't have rushed the map out.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Yeah, sounds like it. Probably my bad for pressuring to get starting screenshots... Though honestly I was halfway teasing when I poked him for starting screenshots, and I was surprised when we immediately got them.

(October 27th, 2012, 16:01)Krill Wrote: Basically Mardoc shouldn't have rushed the map out.

(October 27th, 2012, 16:02)scooter Wrote: Yeah, sounds like it. Probably my bad for pressuring to get starting screenshots... Though honestly I was halfway teasing when I poked him for starting screenshots, and I was surprised when we immediately got them.

Hell, I thought rushed out was basically what you were looking for. Since it appears I was wrong about that - well, certainly posting screenies was a mistake. Probably volunteering was a mistake if I was wrong about what the goal was.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

In a game that will take up tens of thousands of hours of players time, ignore them when they are being being impatient whilst the map is being selected. it's generally for their own good.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(October 27th, 2012, 17:26)Krill Wrote: In a game that will take up tens of thousands of hours of players time, ignore them when they are being being impatient whilst the map is being selected. it's generally for their own good.

Us, impatient? mischief
But Krill's right. Everybody is usually very eager to start playing, but it's far better to make we start with the right map and settings than pushing something that won't work out quick.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Is Lewwyn serious in asking for new civ/leader combos?

...okay, I was about to rant, but really it doesn't matter. Random is random and RBMod is so much more balanced in leader/civ pairing that all I really care about is getting everybody going forward and starting.

But damn, I really don't want to give up FIN/IND...
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Um no, not OK with new random civ/leaders.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5696.JPG]

YAY for RBMod: We start with pastures, no need to pick up AH for some time. I think SIP, Fishing --> Mining --> BW is definitely the way to go. Worker --> WB --> Warrior? --> Worker and start chopping out an army of settlers/workers. I count 6 visible and 5-6 fog forests.

I think that's an improvement over the last start. Obviously Krill loves us tongue

Edit: Scout E-S and SIP seem pretty clear. Tech Fishing or BW first?